“You know what you are getting . . .”
Review of La Tasca - Nottingham - CLOSED

La Tasca - Nottingham
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Being part of a nationwide chain you pretty much know what to expect with La Tasca and the Nottingham branch delivered what was expected.

We just popped in for a snack and a couple of beers before the ice hockey so the prompt and friendly service was welcomed.

The patatas bravas were a little spicy (but just right for me), but could have been hotter in temperature and my whole baked tiger prawns were very tasty.

Possibly a little pricey, but you know what you are getting . . . . .

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was a blessed escape from the dreaded sales and UK rain.

The welcome from the waiter was pleasant and calm. We chose our drinks and settled to choose from the long tapas menu. In fact we went for the lunch special that was a starter plus three plates, and it turned out to be plenty, all for £9.95p.

Free entertainment was provided: trying to guess the true nationality of our "Spanish" waiter - Irish methinks, with GCSE Spanish?? And keeping an eye on the couple at the next table disappearing down each others' throats.......

The food was excellent. Well cooked and the fish was in a superb, delicate batter. Piping hot, and very tasty.

The room was reasonably authentic and, a wonderful bonus, the music was unobtrusive - a rarity and much appreciated.

We'll definitely return.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

New blood... Same front of house staff, but new, happy, helpful Managers with a can do attitude supporting them. New dishes on the menu, gluten free & veggie both clearly marked. Been sampling some tapas pre-salsa and dropping by for calamaris when I'm in town of an afternoon... I think this La Tasca is much improved and am enjoying visiting, they have a great wine selection, gluten free beer and gf calamaris !! & now my loyalty card saves me 20% ..... It's like a little holiday here especially when you can pop upstairs for a dance

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Hadn't been to N'ham since the 70s. What a shock! The area around the train-station is a blight, inhabited by scary-looking people from an updated "Clockwork Orange". But we had a 2-hour delay. A 5-minute walk from the station took us to this haven: a visual delight - real 'Spain'. We were on a tight budget, so just shared nibbly food, and it was - all of it - delicious. Friendly, attentive service; fairly full house with a warm ambiance. If we ever have to go to Nottingham again, we'll include this place

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I visited La Tasca in Nottingham on Saturday 1st December 2012 and after a lovely experience and meal at La Tasca in Newcastle I had high expectations. I was disappointed to receive what tasted like reheated food which was flavourless and looked unappealing.

The bill for 2 people was over £40 and was not the price. I would not go to this restaurant again.