“Birthday meal for grandson's 17th” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Las Iguanas - Nottingham

Las Iguanas - Nottingham
Ranked #127 of 1,395 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Mexican, Brazilian, Latin, South American, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal for grandson's 17th”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This was our second meal here and both times we have been more than satisfied with the quality of the food. The chicken I had this time was a large piece very well prepared and my vegetarian partner was very pleased with her tasty curry. Other members of the party seemed pleased with their meals and the desserts didn't disappoint either. We went at happy hour and so got two cocktails for the price of one, which was probably as well as the alcohol content didn't appear to be very significant. The staff were very pleasant but the waitress said she couldn't do anything about the major problem for us, the volume of the music. If you go out as a group for a meal you want to able to converse across the table. It proved impossible to do that because of the ridiculous volume of the sound system. We went on a Saturday night and lots of people were being turned away so you would be advised to make a reservation. I can see why it is popular but I would think hard before going back again with a party who I wanted to converse with.

Visited March 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Ate here Sunday lunchtime before a concert at the arena. First impressions were good - the decor is nice and we were greeted very quickly. They had a 2 for 1 cocktail offer on so we ordered two Mango Collins which were very good. No starters were ordered as we had a late breakfast so just mains and a side of potato fries to share. The mains were delicious - I had a chimichanga and my partner had a lamb dish. Both were very flavoursome and we could have easily eaten more. I asked for churros for dessert but they were out! We ended up just ordering two coffees instead.

The only downside was the service which was on the slow side. There were only a handful of tables though so I can't imagine what they are like on a busy fri/sat night. An enjoyable meal none the less.

Visited March 2014
Nottingham
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Went with a party of 12 early evening. Patatas bravas I started with were lovely. I had pollo caruru for main it tasted ok just bordering on not being too spicy. The sauce however looked a bit congealed and the rice a bit dried out. The service was a bit slow and it was not too busy. The staff were friendly though. My friends enjoyed the cocktails as we were there for happy hour.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Bad Service. Bad Food. Overpriced.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I visited this place at 8.00pm on a quiet Monday evening. It took 10 minutes to be seated and even then I had to turn down one table because it was filthy. The table I was finally given had a sticky surface and was also dirty. I had to wait 10 minutes for someone to take my drinks order and a further 10 minutes for it to arrive when I could place my food order. My margarita cost £6.30 and was served in a champagne glass. I ordered beef fajitas at £15.50. When it arrived, the tortillas were stone cold and stale. The fajitas contained 90% fried onions and peppers - very little evidence of beef. Overall - rubbish. Worse yet, none of the staff seemed to care at all.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Nottingham, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
We have a genuinely great team at Nottingham so I am surprised to hear of your experience and sorry that we seem to have had an off day. Please can you email me a contact phone number, your name and trip advisor ID to lucy@iguanas.co.uk so that our area manager can get in touch to find out a little more? Many thanks. Lucy- Las Iguanas
northampton
“Great decor, service & cocktails!! Food falls well below par!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

"The ExtraOrdinary XinxiM - Exotic, creamy, satisfying. Lime chicken in a crayfish
& peanut sauce with spring onion, garlic & coriander rice & fine green beans. Toasted coconut farofa to sprinkle, sweet plantains for fun. Pele loves it".

Sounds delicious, well Pele must love boil in the bag baby food!! This dish is disgusting.

However my fellow diners ordered Fajitas which they enjoyed even though the guacamole could not have been fresh. But seriously how could you get Fajitas wrong any student can knock that up!

The decor, service and cocktails where amazing, so soak this up, however the food falls well below par!

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We're pleased to hear that you loved the cocktails, the service and the décor. Our menu has a whole range of different types of dish from across South America and our years of experience tell us that of course not everyone loves everything, and that’s why if you let us know at the time that you aren't enjoying a dish that you have chosen, we'll do our best to find something else more to your taste. If you do come back and see us again, please do let us know if there is a problem! Lucy- Las Iguanas