“Good time”

Ranked #72 of 1,350 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Brazilian, Mexican, South American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were a party of 10 friends out on a Sunday night, some of us meeting up for the first time in 15 years plus so my experience might be coloured by the alcohol consumed. We all had a good time here. Service was friendly (waiter offered to take pics for us and that sort of thing). I had the chicken fajitas that was very nice - served on a sizzling skillet. Only comment i would make is the sour cream and guacamole were a bit gloopy as if they were watered down and poured from one of those large plastic containers. This is an easy one for them to fix i'm sure. Other than that it was all tip top. I was enjoying my warm orange and chocolate fudge cake and ice cream until my partner finished the last 2/3rds off when i wasn't paying attention. All in all a good night and reasonably priced too. I would go again - not least to have a full portion of that dessert to myself.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

It was my first time at Las Iguanas, and given the interior decor and atmosphere it was very welcoming. I was promptly seated, however from then on the service was very slow. I could see the waitresses were kept very busy so I do not blame them as the customer service was good, and the food was lovely even after the long waits. Will most likely return, the price is a little high considering the slow pace, however I have recently noticed they offer student discount and this price difference will bring me back but if this was not the case I would think again.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I arrived with a friend looking for some where decent to eat in Nottingham on a Saturday night with no booking; luckily we got there before a lot of there reservations for the evening had started and where quickly shown a table. however no one came to take our order and as time was a factor (we only had about an hour before we needed to be else where) my friend had to call over a passing waitress so we could order. The waitress was very friendly and helpful and the food arrived very quickly, which was a pleasant change to many establishments; in fact I don't think it could have been any faster. The food was excellent, tasty, well presented and very hot (my friends food was still sizzling on the plate); as we where quite hungry, we would have liked bigger portions but the quality of the food was good. Our waitress checked that everything was ok and asked if we wanted to see the desert menu which we didn't have time for; I asked for the bill but that took about 15 minutes to arrive and then no one came to take our payment so my friend had to head over to the staffs cash till to get someone to take our money. Overall I was pleased with my meal, there was a good atmosphere, music was playing but not so loud that it drowned out conversation and the tables were well spaced so you had privacy to eat and talk. Service was good when it arrived but we did feel a little forgotten about at times. I would certainly eat here again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I took a young American friend of my sons for her birthday and some guests in June as I'd been to her equivalent in Washington state and thought Las Iguanas here was much better based on past visits. I was very disappointed. The food was bland and dry, they had no draught beer available so we ordered expensive bottles and the waiter knocked mine over without offering to replace it. I posted a feedback card telling the company about this and heard no more. Pity as I'd told her how good Las Iguanas was and had sung their praises. Voted with my feet since then and won't be back in a hurry if they're not bothered about a once loyal customer.

LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

I'm sorry to hear about your visit back in June. We have had a management change recently which I hope may persuade you to come back and give us another try as I am confident that your previous experience in the summer was a one off. We do respond to feedback cards which come back to the office where necessary and if we have all the contact details. I'm afraid however that it's very difficult to check that back now after so many months but if you would like to contact me on lucy@iguanas.co.uk with your name and trip advisor ID we can see what we can do. Lucy- Las Iguanas

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I came here with friends for a works night out, we booked a table for a Friday night, it was busy but nothing you wouldn't expect from a Friday night. We at to wait at the bar before going to our table, this wasn't an issue as it gave us time to get our drinks.

The food was good, it was a bit noisy for me but again its Friday night. Id recommend coming here but probably during the day. The price wasn't too bad either.