“Service is lacking”

Zizzi - Nottingham
Ranked #186 of 1,405 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Just ½ a mile from the nearest transport link our Nottingham restaurant is a perfect stop after a romp around Sherwood Forest. The spacious restaurant is located just off the Old Market Square, within walking distance from the Royal Concert Hall and Ice Arena. With an open kitchen and some great food and service, the atmosphere is just right for an evening out or any special occasion.
Derbyshire, England, United Kingdom
“Service is lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I often find it pointless reviewing chains as they are often much of the same but having been to this restaurant twice in a week and experienced bad service on both occasions I thought it might be worth highlighting. The first visit was midweek when a rude waitress was visibly upset with our party for not ordering quickly enough (despite the fact it was empty) then the staff took forever to bring our bill choosing to have a chat, clear tables and do anything but give us eye contact. The second visit was on a busy Saturday night. I'd ordered a pasta dish that after a couple of mouthfuls I couldn't eat(no problem with the food, I'm heavily pregnant and was suffering heartburn) I told the waitress this and asked her to bag it up for me, she nodded yet I never got my bag despite asking and being ignored so basically I'd paid £15 for a meal that had gone in the bin. I hate moaning reviews but I really was disappointed here.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Nice ambience and food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

First visit, used Tesco Clubcard vouchers which helped with the bill but this does not include drinks which are a little pricey.

Shared miso frito starter which was nice if a little greasy for us.

Pizzas were really good and would return just for these.

• Visited April 2014
“Lovely birthday meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a lovely birthday meal at Zizzi - I went with my family and as it was my birthday I got a free bottle of wine and a free main course. Great food and service - would recommend

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Food tasty but overpriced for what you get.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Had a meal at Zizzis Nottingham last night. Casual dining environment and we felt quite crammed into our table for two. The food was tasty, but for what you pay, the portions are quite small. When paying £15 for a shared starter we expected something something a little more impressive than what appeared. Beer is ridiculously expensive at over £6 for a bottle of Peroni. We also felt quite rushed we we literally in and out in under an hour.

• Visited March 2014
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Not bad all round.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Zizzi is a lovely restaurant with gorgeous food! the prices aren't terrible at all and it all tastes well prepared and thought into. the service could be a bit better as even last time i visited it was slow, but its not such a bad thing if you're in a relaxed frame of mind and don't really have anywhere to be. can get a bit noisy but no more then any busy restaurant. All in all; Not bad at all!