“good for a night out”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“good for a night out”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here in January with some work colleagues after a night out and it was perfect for purpose. Its great location in the lace market meant no taxis home, the rooms were on a par with a premier inn but the bar was more modern and open 24hrs (handy for after a night out!)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
rac6160, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thanks for your kind review. I am glad you had a good stay with us.

Hope to welcome you at the hotel again soon.

Julian Ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Ibis for two nights and were impressed with the hotel.
Check in was quick and efficient and the staff were pleasant. The room was spotless and the bed was extremely comfortable.
We took advice from another review on here and went to Wetherspoons for breakfast, it cost us just over 7 quid for the two of us as opposed to 15 quid had we had the hotels breakfast.
We parked directly opposite the hotel on the multi storey car park, we had our car park ticket validated at reception and two days parking cost us £13.50 as apposed to the £16 for 24 hours advertised on the car park pay station.
The hotel is handily located for both the town centre and the bars in the Lace Market.
I would recommend the hotel if you want a no frills place to stay in nottingham.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review. I am glad to hear that you had a good stay with us.

See you on your next trip hopefully!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was at first a bit 'nervous' about visiting a 'budget' hotel but i had a really good visit, the hotels location is excellent - right in the heart of the city centre and in front of a tram stop - although this can have disadvantages on weekends as you can hear the drunken nightlife of nottingham on the streets and the tram has a rather lous warning bell but i didnt let that bother me.
Staff were very friendly at reception and i was always greeting with a smile every time i left and entered the building.
Parking was advertised as a local council owned car park and when i arrived the prices were terrible!! but when i arrived at the desk i was informed that parking rates were reduced for guests which turned out way over half price for overnight parking!
Room was small and cosy and very modern - the bathroom was very futuristic and clean.
One of the best budget hotels around.

Room Tip: Try to get a room high up and at the back - less noise from drunk people on the streets and the bell...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

london
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was recently staying at Ibis Nottingham Central Hotel, doing a solo trip for three nights for work assignment. When I checked in the hotel, my first night sleep was good and comfy and the room is cosy. The staffs are friendly also. Then when I wanted to watch television next morning, the television failed to respond to the television controller. The maintenance guy came around and plug in the loose cable behind the television, saying it should be plug-in for television to operate properly. Later on that morning, the cleaning lady told me whether my room needs to be cleaned. I said to her I am going out in 5 minutes after which she can come back and clean the room. I came back around 5pm the same day and the room was not cleaned. I complained this matter to the reception. They said the room is cleaned every 2 days, but I said there was a cleaning lady this morning asking me if the room need clean and I said 'YES' and ask her to come back in 5 minutes. To this the receptionist has no response to.
The next morning I was going to have breakfast. I was halfway taking the bacon and eggs, the canteen staff told me I need to pay first before having breakfast. This fact should be communicated to me in the first place before I even start dining in their canteen. I find this embarrassing and appalling customer service.
Then next morning whilst preparing to go out of my room and hanging the sign 'Please Come In' to make my room, the duty cleaning manager (I believe) told me to leave the door knob above the door handle to 'on' position when I go out. But the cleaners are already cleaning other rooms at that time and they are able to get in to the other rooms when their doors are close, so why do I have to leave it open by turning on the door knob above the door handle ? I complained this to reception but no action was taken.
The third morning I was horrified to find the cleaner opening my door when I clearly put the sign 'DO NO DISTURB' outside my door the night before. I phoned down to reception to talk about this. After a brief moment, the receptionist rang back to say the cleaner did not see the door sign and they do not speak English. Then she said you are checking out this morning aren't you? (That is not my point! I thought to myself why work here when they do not speak English ?) I said to receptionist I put the sign out the night before and ask them to look at their CCTV camera. She said there is no CCTV camera on the rooms corridor for guest privacy reason. This is just terrible service.
In total I paid 172 pounds for this stay and the breakfast. Do you all think this is worth it for what I am getting ? I would not recommend anyone staying in Ibis Nottingham Centre if I were you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on 01159853600 or alternatively via email H6160-GM@accor.com

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have just returned from a 12 day trip,which included a 2 night stay in the Ibis Nottingham,which is located in the city centre's lace Market area.
It was my first stay at this hotel as I generally stay in a nearby hotel which is higher rated.
I found the Ibis to be fine for my requirememts as a single traveller on this occasion.The room,although smallish was well equiped and spotlessly clean.
Although I did not take breakfast I was told by others staying that it was acceptable and will no doubt try it for myself on my next visit.
In short; a clean,modern no frills hotel ,located in the heart of Nottingham with pleasant staff.
Valur for money.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 5th floor with no bath.Parking is a problem
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank christuckeruk
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that you found the room clean and comfortable.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of December 2012.

The room was clean and I must say, for a budget hotel, it had a really good standard! I was impressed with the tea/coffee making facilities and also the hairdryer already in the room. There is an ironing room as well - free of charge.

We paid about £55 per night and had a 24 hour Internet and TV package included in the price, which was great! The films offered in the TV package were all those blockbusters available in the cinema about 2 months ago, so that was great! One minor thing is, that the TV package did not work as we arrived in the room, however we phoned the reception, and all was sorted in no time.

Bathroom was clean and nice. There was a soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower cabin, however after I used it once, it finished!

The hotel is situated in a heart of Nottingham with a walking distance to all high street shops and restaurants. The view from our room was overviewing the city, which was very nice.

Parking. if you park at the Lace Market car park you will get a discount from the hotel. Instead of £16 for 24hrs say, you will pay £10, which is cheaper than anywhere else.

If I ever visit Nottingham again, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
rac6160, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Ibis Nottingham Centre. I'm glad to hear that you found the room clean, comfortable and that you enjoyed one of our online package rates, including the multimedia on the TV.
Our staff are available 24 hours a day for anything that needs replenishing in the rooms.
I'm happy that you liked our location in the city and we hope to welcome you at the hotel again very soon.