“Brilliant - excellent value for money accomodation”

Ibis Nottingham Centre
Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant - excellent value for money accomodation”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed for one night on business. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom is basic with only a shower but ultra clean. I slept on the rear of the hotel and it was very quiet. The offer with the Fletcher Gate Car park meant I only paid £5. I didn't have breakfast. This is a great central location in a safe area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
rac6160, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks you for your review following your recent stay with us at Ibis Nottingham Centre. Glad to hear you found the room to be clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay with us in Nottingham.

Hope to see you again soon.

Julian Ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited Nottingham for one night to attyend the annual bonfire display at the forest recreation ground. We chose the Ibis as it was cheap and pretty central to everything we needed. We had a fantastic stay, the room was basic but had everything you needed including tea and coffee which is always a bonus. Upon booking I requested a high floor ao I was pleasently surprised upon arrival to find we were on the 5th floor :)

The king size bed is probably one of the comfiest beds ive ever slept in aside from my own which is rare, suffice to say I didnt want to get up when it came to check out time. The blackout blinds didnt help as they really made it feel like it was the middle of the night...fantastic if you dont have an expiry date on your stay :)

I was a bit worried about the bathroom 'pods' as i envisioned something similar to the wet room I endured through my first year at university which was horrible. But when I arrived I found them okay, small but very clean and the floor where the shower is slants downwards so the rest of the bathroom doesnt get wet when you take a shower. Word of warning, take your own shampoo and conditioner as there is none provided, which to be fair isnt really expected for the price. There is a soap dispoenser on the wall of the shower which is okay, not the best smell but it'll do :)

Nice flatscreen TV with selected channels and movies that you can pay for, the only thing that would make this hotel better would be a larger selection of freeview channels as the channels were very basic. Come on Ibis it is nearly 2013! The towels are qwuite small but im quite tiny so this wasnt an issue for me, my 6ft3 boyfriend on the other hand....maybe take your own? The hotel provides a hairdryer in each room which was better than my own!

Overall we had a really nice stay in a ridiculously comfortable bed with a simple clean bathroom and lovely views of Nottingham. There are bars and restaurants within two minutes walk, the tram is right outside and the train station is only 15 minutes away. We managed to get lost twice trying the find the train station thouse but maybe thats just my appauling sense of direction.

Thank you Ibis, we will be back.

Room Tip: walk a few hundred feet the wetherspoons for breakfast instead, its far too pricey in the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sian B
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Ibis Nottingham Centre. I'm glad to hear that your special requests were met on arrival and that you found the room and bed comfortable. I appreciate your comments regarding the TV and towels. Here at Ibis we are continually working to improve our service to our guests, and your suggestions are always welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel again soon.

Perth
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice, clean in fact all you could want for a couple of days work in and around Nottingham.

Rooms were as expected and the breakfast was more than acceptable too.

Parking across the road by way of discounted multi-story.. Trams outside the main entrance as well as buses to where ever you'd want.

Massive choice of places to eat within 2 mins walk.

At the price, nothing to complain about.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
rac6160, General Manager at Ibis Nottingham Centre, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
I'm glad to hear you found the room to be comfortable and the breakfast was to your liking.

We hope to welcome you at the hotel again soon.

Hampshire
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is very central in Nottingham, literally a matter of a few hundred yards from the central square. Parking is in a multi storey car park opposite. The hotel sort out the tickets at what I believe to be a slightly preferential rate. However, I have not specifically checked.

The room is good, the shower very good and the bed comfortable.

Breakfast is good. Simple ! It is all self service.

Access to the rooms is by lift and you need to swipe your room card to activate the lift.

I ate out on each night I was in Nottingham. Yo Sushi is opposite, There are plenty of other options close by from fast food to highest quality and flash.

This is a reliable place and is recommended accordingly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I'm glad to hear you found the room to be clean and the bed comfortable. I appreciate your comments regarding our location in Nottingham and other external amentities. It's good to hear that they complimented our service to you.

Hope to see you again soon.

Como
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I always stay here when in Nottingham for work... Room is great with very confortable bed! Breakfast is also very good... Place Is in the center close to all restaurants and many shops.
Price is great considering all those comf and uk prices.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Nicola C
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Ibis Nottingham Centre. Glad to hear that our hotel is in a great location for your business needs and that you find the rooms clean and comfortable.

We hope to see you again soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here to see a band at Rock City. Room was clean and comfortable, particularly comfortable bed.
Located close to the centre and a good range of pubs and restaurants- the excellent Brew Dog bar is just up the road.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Ibis Nottingham Centre. Glad to hear you found the room to be clean and comfortable and in a great location in Nottingham.

Myself and my staff look forward to welcoming you at the hotel again soon