“Excellent value for money coupled with friendly service”
Review of The Balti House

The Balti House
Ranked #41 of 1,423 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving Indian cuisine since 1968 The Balti House prides itself in being a local Indian Restaurant to generations of guests who seek a warm, friendly restaurant that delivers consistently. The menus are designed with ingredients and at prices to encourage a visit to The Balti House week in week out.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money coupled with friendly service”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Have been eating at The Balti House for several years and have never had a bad experience. Food is always well prepared and tasty and staff friendly and helpful. Restaurant is comfortable and well appointed
Very reasonable prices!
Would have no hesitation in recommending as a good value no frills Balti which offers excellent value for money.

• Visited March 2013

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“The Excellen Balti House”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Balti House on Heathcote Street, in Hockley, is one of Nottingham's hidden gems. The service is always friendly, the atmosphere delightful and the food is delicious.

I have been going to the Balti House for over 20 years and in all that time I have never been disappointed with the food or the service (this is obviously true of quite a few of the Balti House customers as many of them have also been going there for years and are on first name terms with its proprietor, Sam).

Although all of the food is of a very high standard I would suggest the Balti Set Meal - and that is what I had on this visit. For less than £10 you get a starter and a delicious meat, fish or paneer (cheese)Balti with rice or naan (I would opt for the naan so that you can mop up the delicious Balti sauce)

When the restaurant is quiet - as it was on this visit - Sam will happily chat with you (on this occasion he explained why so many "Indian" Restaurants are actually Bangladeshi and the long and interesting history of Bangladeshi cooking and restaurants). As a proprietor and host you could not wish for a better person.

As always my and my wife's visit was a joy (it saddens me that I don't get the chance to go to the Balti House more often).

• Visited May 2013
“Yum!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

As always food was great, service was excellent
and Sam made us all laugh. Another good night in The Balti House!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, excellent value and spot on service.”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had a delicious meal at The Balti House last night with my sister and friends. We used to go there regularly when we first moved to Nottingham 20 years ago. After deciding to go back (8 children between us later) for a trip down memory lane, we were delighted to find the food and service as perfect as it was all those years ago. It has a friendly atmosphere, excellent, helpful service and extremely tasty and good value food (The set menu at £7.95 can't be beaten). What more could you want from a night out? We won't be leaving it so long before our next visit!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great guy service great”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was my birthday so we visited notts found the balti house very easily although not in main corner house so its a easy 5 mins down the road,fantastic guy very friendly would reccomend and go again thanx caz n chev!!