“A great pub all round!”

Lincolnshire Poacher
Ranked #259 of 1,266 Restaurants in Nottingham
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I live in a Nottingham suburb but hadn't been to this pub for many years until last Saturday afternoon when I took a friend there who doesn't live anywhere near Nottingham.
So our report. All positive. It is a real ale pub and a delight for whisky lovers I am sure but the food is good too. We ate there and were more than pleased with the quality of the food and the service all round. It is a traditional old pub with charm all of its own.The outside terrace at the rear is quiet and certainly is appreciated by smokers. Inside I should say that it is dog friendly which some readers may wish to know. The staff I found to be very friendly and helpful. It is a popular place which is a 10 minute walk from Victoria Centre and very well worth the short walk up Mansfield Road. It gets our vote!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

If you like real ale then this is the place to go.Great selection of real ales,food and good ambience,not far from city center.Actually when to its twinned pub in Amsterdam as well which was fantastic.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We visit regularly as this is a 'real' pub. The beers are great, great Landlady and staff, good soft drinks for the driver and good pub food. Can get busy at weekend but still great to visit.

1  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We went on a saturday night and whilst the pub was busy it wasn't overcrowded. Definetely a friendly pub, and no-one bats an eyelid no matter how you're dressed or who you are. Good selection of beers and other drinks.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Have visited this pub before for the real ale and loved it - great variety available. However, this time we both had lunch there. Wow, we were really impressed, some of the best food we've ever had! I had a fabulous beef in ale stew - delicious! My husband had jambalaya, which was equally as good. My husband had a chat with Sarah, who created these excellent dishes - she is obviously passionate about good, local ingredients. She's a marvellous asset to this pub and I hope they value her highly! Also, the price is amazingly good for food of this quality. I'll definitely be there anytime I visit Nottingham!

2  Thank OSCAR11