“Great night's stay!”

Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Durham, United Kingdom
“Great night's stay!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Very pleasant nights stay. Staff were very welcoming and friendly. Room was spacious, clean and well stocked for our stay. Very reasonably priced and only 5-10 mins taxi ride to the city centre. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Adampilk87
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you personally for giving your opinion about our hotel which we hope will help future visitors choose to stay at our hotel.

Margaret & Daniel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The welcome here is very warm, our room was very large with what must have been a super kingsize bed. It was very clean with everything you would need in a hotel room.
The staff were very helpful and the tearoom was lovely, using china teacup and saucer which I thought was a lovely touch.
Highly recommend P & J hotel and if we come back to Nottingham we will definately be returning here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EleanorW81

Paris, France
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed 2 nights at the P & J Hotel. Rooms very clean. Good value for money and finally a very warm welcome from the manager. I recommend this hotel. Very close to the Jubilee university campus if you have business there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
daniel g, Manager at P and J Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2014

Singapore
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights as I was attending a course in the University of Nottingham, which is just a short 20 minutes walk away. My room is very clean, with adequate size, and the bed comfortable. The bed sheets smell great and the pillows are nice and hard, not the collapsible types that one may occasionally encounter. The staff here is very friendly and approachable, especially the new owner Daniel. Walking to town from this hotel takes about 25 minutes to half an hour. There is a bus stop near by which adds to the convenience. Very pleased that I chose this place to stay for my trip to Nottingham.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank victorngwl
daniel g, Manager at P and J Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2014

South West
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed here because i had an interview at the QMC. It was a 10minute walk to the hospital.

It is really hard to park near the hospital, so it was perfect for me to use the hotels free parking and walk. The hotel was very kind and let me leave my car there for the day, even after i had checked out.

I booked a standard room with shared bathroom but was upgraded upon arrival free of chrage as they had en suites available. I was then shown 2 rooms and allowed to choose which room i wanted.

The rooms are spacious and the bed was comfortable. Very clean and shower was lovely.

Staff are really friendly and helpful- smiling and polite.

The only down side was that there was a lot of noise from about 11-1am where i could hear people walking past my room and talking.

Over all a really good hotel. Ideal location and lovely people. Would definitly recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LElastic

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I and 5 of my girlfriends stayed here as it was my sisters hen night! It was AMAZING! Upon arrival we found the free parking was a god send. we were then warmly welcomed and shown to our rooms, which were bright and clean and very comfortable. We were then informed our Tea party was set and ready when we were (we booked an additional cream tea for the six of us, which was delicious. The cakes were so pretty, we almost didn't want to eat them....Almost. We had a wonderful afternoon, and were looked after so well by the staff. after tea, we all went to get ready for our night out. The guy who was working that night Daniel ( I think) Was super helpful, Calling our taxi and even putting us on the guest list to a great night club!
We had such a good time that weekend and I think it was down to having great accommodation.
Thank you all so much, we will be back for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nicola B

Nottingham UK
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went to The P & J Hotel on Derby Road Nottingham for afternoon cream tea and a chat. What a lovely time we had. The Hotel has recently changed hands and our experience was marvellous. We had several pots of tea, a lovely selection of sandwiches including smoked salmon and cucumber. We also had a lovely selection of cakes and scones. The bread was baked in the kitchen and was a delightful touch. The scones were wonderfully light and came with fresh cream and wonderful strawberry jam. We also had two beautifully baked cakes one raspberry the other lemon cake. Sadly we could not finish all the food provided. What a delightful way to spend an afternoon! There is free parking at the back of the hotel which saved us the very high cost of parking in Nottingham City Centre. My friend and I are going to make this a regular afternoon treat. With free parking the price of a cream tea was such a bargain! Save yourself city centre parking fees and get a wonderful strawberry cream tea in a great new venue!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends