and 1 more site!
Nottingham Lodge
Ranked #3 of 26 Nottingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Booked at the last minute we found this super guest house. I have stayed in various hotels in Nottingham over the last four years but after finding Greenwood Lodge and it's homely environment and fab service I will now look no further. Thank you

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Having links with Scotland and Nottingham, it was like staying in an hunting lodge in Scotland but on the outskirts of Nottingam. My wife and I went up for the Football, Forest lost again!
The room and en-suite was surperb as previously I have found it difficult to find a hotel room and en-suite which matched my height being 6.3....The room and en-suite were spacious and very clean as well as well presented. The Four poster bed was noisy, but what the hell we are 56.....
The breakfast was one of the best we have had for a long time. Not a hotel for the boys who I travel with each year for the Forest Golf day, but ideal for a couples or family visit. Also there is parking included which is a bonus as I have stayed in Nottingham and paid more for my car than the room. The Gate is locked overnight so as secure as it can be.

Room Tip: Remember the Gate code if you come back late.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ralphbosworth
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed in this gem of a guest house during a return visit to Nottingham after a long absence. The room was extremely clean and pleasant with a fantastic four poster bed. Nothing was too much trouble and we finished off with a delicious breakfast. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I have just returned home from visiting my daughter in Nottingham. I chose Greenwood Lodge after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor.

I must say Sue and Doug made me most welcome and I loved their home and felt privileged to be able to enjoy such a beautiful property. The service offered by my hosts was faultless and I hope to be able to return soon.

Sue and Doug - thank you for a great stay.

PS the breakfast of porrige followed by smoked haddock with poached egg was fantastic. So nice to see some low fat choices on the menu. I must say though the full english being enjoyed by the guy on the next table was very tempting !!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Just come back from a night in this lovely guest house - beautifully furnished and with lovely little touches and good quality toiletries, teas and coffee plus the milk in a flask that others have mentioned. All these things go to make a very comfortable night. The breakfast was wonderful - best bacon and sausage that we have had for ages and beautifully cooked. It was a pity to stay for just the one night! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Stayed here after taking our daughter to university. Really comfortable well appointed rooms, particularly liked the fresh milk provided in a thermos flask for tea and coffee. As others have said wonderful breakfasts in the lovely conservatory.

And last but not least the owners were really understanding when we had to change the date of our stay twice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Had to wait outside for some 5 minutes before I got someone's attention on check-in. On the other hand, at times when they should respect guests' privacy, the owners were intrusive, rude and absolutely unprofessional. Would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo