“Nothing outstanding just good.”

The Spa at Thoresby Hall
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing outstanding just good.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Myself and my sister visited Thoresby Hall Spa Fri 8th March as part of my sisters 30th birthday celebrations. We had a After Work Retreat package.
Rewinding a little people have mentioned the difficulty in booking. I had no problem there. On the one ocassion I had to leave a message Natalie got straight back to me and when my mum had to cancel due to a chest infection again she promptly dealt with it.
On arrival the receptionist booked us in explained the procedure and once we were changed into dressing gowns etc told us to meet him to as he would show us around.
We tried out all the steam/sauna/ice rooms and went in the hydro pool which were good. The main pool though was cold! In fact the whole spa wasnt very warm.
The changing rooms although clean and modern are too small for the amount of lockers/potential customers they could have.
There is also some areas that could do with tidying up/renovating mainly the pool area and floor tiling around the heated rooms.
The facial that was included in the package was very good. The wait to be seen once we checked in for it was a little long and we were sat there wondering what was happening but once the two girls came out who did my sister and my facials were very good and professional.
We then ended our evening with a 3 course meal in The Blue Room in which I have left a seperate review under Thoresby Hall Hotel.

1 Thank Jill R

Syston, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Nice day”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Have been to a few spa's and so had some expectations. Fair to say Thoresby Hall lived up to some but not all of them.

First of all, to be clear, this is a spa within a hotel and as such we had to go through the hotel to find the spa. The treatment we had was as good as any we had anywhere else (thanks Amy). The facilities however were a bit lacking. Only 2 showers in changing rooms, 2 out of 4 working hairdryers and availability of any kind of snack was lacking. Drinks were reasonably priced but very obviously machine produced.

I cannot fault the service we got on the day, and the price we paid was less than that of Eden Halls, Ragdale etc....

Overall , yes I would go again, but we had a feal on Wowcher which probably meant it was good value. Would I recommend it - yes.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Thoresby hall spa, an experiance!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Visited thoresby hall spa with my wife today> This was a birthday gift for her. To get them to answer the phone at the spa is an achivement, after calling numerous times & leaving messages as requested (none of which are returned). We eventually booked through the hotel reception. On arrival we was told to change, return to reception for a tour given at speed. Returning to reception at our set time for lunch we was taken to the restaurant (oh dear). We was shown to a table then seemingly abandoned for almost 20 mins. I had to find a waitress to take our order .She clearly had no knowledge of the menu, telling us that the pork had gone & it was now chicken! chicken what i asked , to which she replied oh chicken, the same as the pork!?. After a further lengthy wait a very poor quality meal arrived. Likewise opting to up grade to 3 courses a tasteless Dessert followed. We returned to the spa, not deciding to book any of the seriously overpriced treatments available. Facilities are good though could do with tarting up a bit. Free fresh fruit available (well a bowl of apples available) & drinking water in resting area. We came away relaxed having enjoyed the"" experiance."!

Mansfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“not really a spa!!!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

we went for a spa day and found some points very disappointing and some good so first of all the good,the lady in spa area alison was very nice personality and listened to our early concerns also the treatment by francesca was fabulous so to say these two girls give a fab service and can only work to thoresbys way.
now for the things to improve, when we wanted hot drinks we had to walk to reception from the relax lounge to order a drink as they do not have drink hosts, we ordered at 9.30am to start our day and were given drinks on a very dirty tray and alison could not apologise enough, later in the day we asked if cakes or fruit plates available to buy guess what NO only if you go to main hotel in your dressing gown and slippers!!! not a very relaxing day i think they should go on a training day to eden hall to see how a spa is run wow, i wrote to warners only to rec a very matter of fact reply. i know where my next spa day will be.

Visited December 2012
hucknall nottm
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“fabulous darling”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

went 13th dec 2012 on a spa day 8 of us covering 3 generations .was absolutely fabulous .from the hotel itself to the spa .treatments staff food could not fault a thing a wonderful time had by all thank you we will be back .mrs paulson

Visited December 2012