“Great stay with odd mishap”

The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Booked it for a hen do for 12 girls. The stay was lovely, the staff were polite, rooms were comfy and clean. Great value for money but unfortunately 3 of the girls got poorly after eating the salmon and another 3 had knives dropped on is when staff were clearing up the evening meal. Safe to say we were thankful we hadn't had the steak.

• Stayed: April 2014
There are newer reviews for The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed here for a one night spa package as a birthday treat. The facilities were excellent, we couldn't stay away from the jacuzzi! The spa treatment was lovely and relaxing! The food was delicious. The room was lovely and cosy and very clean. Amazing value for money! Will defiantly be returning!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear GemmaW06

Thank you for your Fantastic review! We are glad that you enjoyed yuor spa experience and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have to say in my dotage I like to stay in comfortable hotels and tend to avoid cut price hotels with no facilities. Ok I pay a bit more but I still expect good value for my money. Let me say this hotel really hit the mark! Its a bit off the beaten track as you cant walk into town but that aside its spot on. The staff were friendly and helpful and smartly dressed. The room (we had a suite) was well appointed quiet and very comfortable. The complimentary bottle of wine was a nice touch! The restaurant was good albeit I felt the menu a little sparce, if you don't eat fish or steak then your choice was very limited. Having said that the food was very good and the service was also good.

The hotel has a pool and spa which was really nice, free wifi in the rooms (some larger hotels please note!! you know who you are!) there was plenty of on site parking and on the whole the hotel lived up to our expectations. Ive stayed with QHotel in Manchester and sometimes you can be very disappointed when you stay in another but not so this time.

The rates I thought for such a good hotel bearing in mind we had a suite was £150 per night and I consider this excellent value. Don't dismiss this because of its location we will certainly be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Nigel L
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I would like to say we had another lovely stay at the Nottingham Belfry The staff were first class nothing was too much trouble.
Evening meals were interesting if a little expensive, breakfasts were fine I would recommend the omelette some of the best I have tasted for years.
The bedroom and bathroom was spotless.

Room Tip: Ask for an inner room
Reviewed April 21, 2014

just back from an overnight stay....the room was great , just what we have come to expect from Qhotels,however the meal was most disappointing, apparently a new menu had just been introduced ,we were given a menu to peruse which consisted of 3 A4 pieces of paper stapled together! not really for a 4 star restaurant...the choices were very limited and nothing chocolatey on the dessert menu !!!!I had seabass which was nicely cooked and presented, my partner had a burger with handcut chips both of which were badly overcooked.

1  Thank marie l
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Marie l

Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our rooms to be good; we have an ongoing mantenance programme where we are constantly refreshing our product to ensure we maintain our high standards.

However, I was dissappointed to hear of your feedback from our restaurant. We have indeed just launched a new menu, and are seeking feedback on the new dishes before finalising the details and organising for our menus to be professionally printed. We have now included a chocolate dessert as this was a common theme from our diners feedback but my apologies that your partners meal was overcooked. I have reviewed this with our Head Chef and he too sends his apologies.

I do hope we shall have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and show you that this was an isolated incident. Should you wish to discuss in more detail, do feel free to contact me directly.

Kind regards

Claire

csteven@qhotels.co.uk

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My daughter and I stayed on the 'Pink Fizz' break and what brilliant value and great time we had!
Our included spa treatments were lovely and the lunch, dinner and breakfast were really enjoyable, our evening meal was so good we couldn't even try the tempting desserts as we were so full!! The room was good too and we enjoyed the bottle of 'pink fizz' that was delivered to our door!
We travelled by train from Birmingham, used the tram to get to Phoenix Park and then easily got a taxi for less than £5 to the hotel, when we checked out we travelled back the same way, looked around Nottingham which we were very impressed with then continued to the football match to complete our stay!! A super fri/sat break.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear JcedwardsSolihull

Thank you for writing a review on your Spabreak. We are glad that you and your daughter had such a lovely time with us and in Nottingham.

We hope to see you again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Went to Nottingham belfry for spa day. Welcome on reception was good directed to spa reception area in friendly way. Unfortunately the experience went downhill had to wait at spa reception for 10 minutes then eventually had to go back to main reception to find someone. Eventually when someone turned up they were not working but on a break but apologised to us for having to wait . This is not something you expect from a four star hotel having to wait around with no sign or anything letting us know where anyone is especially as we was staying in a Travelodge and staff were loads more helpful and at least you could find them. Pool area was ok but only a few chairs so couldn't sit down and there wss cleaning equipment laying around. It wasn't terrible but Cambridge Belfry was lots better

1  Thank Simon M

Dear Simon M

Thanks for taking the timte to post a review following your recent spa day with us. I am sorry that you were kept waiting at our leisure desk and found our team less than helpful. We do pride ourselves on the high level of service that we provide to all our guests and I am sorry that we did not live up to this on your visit.

I have discusssed this with our Leisure Manager and we will look to implement signage for our leiure desk should on the rare occasionn the desk be unattended. Thanks for this recommendation and I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards