“Great value”

The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Sunday night deal which included dinner and breakfast. Great value for money as a special treat for my partner. Friendly staff. Very clean modern room and bathroom. Would recommend for a night or two away. Had stayed before in summer with a female friend where we made great use of the pool and spa. Breakfast was great!

Room Tip: Room was very clean, spacious and modern. Excellent bathroom !
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Karen S

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are glad that you once again enjoyed the hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Nottingham Belfry Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Polish first
Nantwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here as part of a wedding party- the hotel were extremely accommodating to the wedding part and everything in our room was paid for- mini bar, snacks-EVERYTHING. The room was just beautiful, very modern with beautiful lighting, stunning bed linen, gorgeous bathroom - everything was lovely. Spacious room with all mod cons- most definitely a 4 star hotel. Loved the intricate little night light set into the walls. The staff were brilliant- breakfast in the morning was lovely. We had a full English and although it was buffet style, the food was piping hot, well cooked, tasty and there was plenty of it. We wanted to stay another night, this hotel is a gem we had no idea about. Go in confidence and have the cooked breakfast!

Room Tip: Have a full English!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Aurelinia

Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel, we are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again.

Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

All the rooms are great: standard, superior and suites - all spacious, spotless and with everything I need. Enjoyed the quiet gym and pool. Breakfast also done very well - with great staff. Will come again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Croydigras

Thank you for your fantastic review on our Hotel, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here and look forward to seeing you again.

Chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed here Monday to Friday at the end of October for a conference that pretty much took over the hotel. I found the room itself to be very clean, comfortable and well equipped. The bed was very comfortable and it was a big plus to me having a bath and separate power shower. The conferencing facilities were great and the bar area comfortable. Just a few niggles, although I think they were mainly due to the size of the event the hotel was hosting. The wait for bar service was bordering on ridiculous as there were not enough staff to cater to the size of our party. The food was not great. It was passable but not the standard you would expect from a 4 star hotel. Again I suspect this was due the volume the hotel was being asked to supply as the catering staff were a little bit grumpy and unhelpful. Having said that, one really big plus for this hotel is the pool and Jacuzzi area which is amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again on a private trip as I feel it would be a much better experience when it wasn't swamped.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Eagertoseetheworld

Thank you for your review on our hotel, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and managed to find time to use our leisure facilities whilst here. We appreciate the feedback concerning the bar service and food, please be assured this is something that will be brought up with the team to rectify in future.
We hope to see you again on business or leisure in 2014.

crewe, cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here as part of a week away for one night on the Sunday dinner bed and breakfast deal. The reception staff were very helpful as we could check in an hour early which was a nice surprise. The room was very good and modern however we had an issue with the cold water which was scolding hot. The reception were again very good as they offered us a new room which we declined so instead they gave us free bottled water. The view from the room wasn't great as overlooked a car park but this didn't bother us at all nor did it affect our stay. We had a drink in the bar which was ok but nothing special as they had football on (I hate football). Dinner wasn't fantastic as the restaurant team were to be quite honest rather appalling as we were sat there for 40 minutes after finishing our main and then when I had to ask for them to be removed I was given an aloof reply to make me feel like I was rushing them! The restaurant must have had about ten people in so god help them if they were busy! Another annoying thing is that the main arrived about 3 minutes after the starter which is never good. The food was good though with my dessert of chocolate mousse being the best course and they also had a lot of choice on the inclusive menu.

Breakfast was ok but was self service. We had stayed in a premier inn the night before and that was much better as was cooked to order. The breakfast staff were much friendlier.

As always with q hotels, the spa was fantastic.

Overall we have had much better stays at these hotels and this wouldn't stop me from trying another but I wouldn't rush to recommend it to someone else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andy1602
goole
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I attended the I Mech e HRSG users conference and found the hotel very satisfactory. The snacks, breakfast and dinner was very good, especially given the number of delegates who attended. Other functions were also taking place at the same time but this did not affect the service that we received.

Room Tip: Could not comment really as I did not see any of the others. My room overlooked the front Car park a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank megosnaithGoole
Dear MegosnaithGoole

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel, we are glad that your event went well and that you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

From the photographs and the descriptions we expected far more than this hotel provides. An important consideration for us was WiFi which does not work properly in the guest rooms. When I complained the staff to me to contact the company's external service provider directly (?) to rectify my problem. My wife and I both have iPhones and iPads none of which worked, I was told this was because they are "foreign" (?) no to change was offered so clearly all rooms suggest the same phobia. The bar staff were quite unfriendly and the rooms were far from clean if you look... The restaurant staff were very friendly an helpful which made up for the whole experience, but I doubt I would be spending any more time there.. Beware!

• Stayed November 2013