“Excellent For Business meetings”

The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
“Excellent For Business meetings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Had business meetings here both Fri night and all day Saturday. The prices of the rooms were quite high, so I didn't choose to sleep here, but the facilities were all very nicely presented. Clean bathrooms, sweets for the meeting tables, lots of fresh drinking water.
The lighting was nice in the room as well. Only disappointment was the caesar chicken salad I ordered for lunch in the bar area. I'm sure it was just because it was a bar area and not the restaurant, but it really was not good at all! There wasn't any Romaine lettuce, just the curly spikey lettuce that has a bitter taste (can't remember what it's called!), and the dressing tasted mostly of anchovies and mayonnaise-- not a true Caesar! and very dry, I had to ask for extra dressing, which didn't improve the taste. Not worth the 9.95 I paid for it. Service was also very slow at the bar, but that was because they were not well-staffed enough!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Polish first
Somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a big conference earlier in March. Saw the website before I went and hoped it was as good as it looked, it was!

Rooms were spacious,clean and modern just what you want when away from home. The conference facilities were good,as was the dinner served on the first night.

Breakfast was enjoyable plenty of choice.

Staff are incredibly polite and helpful, nothing was too much trouble!

Hoping next year's event is here too!

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have stayed at the nottingham belfry many times. All times have been plesent experiences. My wedding also took place here and The belfry accommodated our needs very well. The staff were friendly, so were the bar staff. The rooms were very clean and the hotel all around was clean, we have never had any problems staying here and would recommend it, the prices can fluctuate a little so its best to see if there are any deals about but for a get away we enjoyed it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Amazing value for money, amazing customer service, clean, modern, can't fault it. Had a lovely relaxing weekend and am already planning my return trip! Thank you to all the staff as their attentive behaviour made the weekend for us. A special thank you to Alex and her colleagues in the spa - treatments were awesome!

Room Tip: The upgrades are very reasonable. Our q-star room had a great super king bed!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Rooms very nice, staff very pleasant. We enjoyed our stay. We ate in the restaurant and the food was very good but do note the portions are small, and you don't get vegetables unless you order them - we are okay with this but I think it would bother some people. My main issue is that we felt very rushed. Our starters were out within 5 minutes of ordering, and our mains out as soon as we had finished our starter. No gap at all. So an relatively expensive dinner was over within 40 minutes. It would put me off eating there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
gloucestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at a recent conference and was expecting the usual bland corporate hotel but I was pleasantly surprised! The welcome sandwich lunch was a bit disappointing as I am veggie so missed out on the little glasses of smoked salmon or prawns, it was all egg, cheese and pastry, but on the other hand what do you feed the veggies?! My room was lovely and big with a double bed, bath and separate shower. I couldn't get the heating right though and it was either too warm or chilly! I wasn't well in the evening and curled up in bed with the TV on, the pillows were comfy, sheets crisp, I was was very cozy.
In the morning I used the pool and steam room which was a great start to the day, followed by a lovely breakfast with masses of choice, I didn't bother asking for the veggie sausages as there was so much else to eat. Every member of staff I spoke to was helpful and cheerful. I would be glad to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went to Belfry for a Spa Day, two people for £99. This included access to pool and sauna/ steam/ jacuzzi, relaxation room, lunch and two treatments!
Arrived early and was shown round and then went for treatments. They were great! I had a back massage and a facial and it was lovely, I think I needed it. The pool and surrounding area was nice and the relaxation room was a nice touch as free drinks and biscuits.
The lunch was fab. Strange being in your robe when others are not, but the chap looking after us was great and made us forget about it. It was a buffet lunch, and had so many different things, all lovely and fresh. Like the jelly and macaroons particularly!
All in all excellent value and well worth the money. They said it was going to be busy, but didn't feel like that and the facilities were nice and clean. Overall the experience was made even better by the staff we came into contact with, so made it even more special. Worth a visit!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends