“Fantasic spa stay.....fabulous”

Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
Alfreton, United Kingdom
“Fantasic spa stay.....fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Over night spa break for myself and 5 friends for my 4oth birthday. Arrived at 10am and although rooms where stated not to be ready until 3pm the very friendly and helpful receptionist informed us our rooms were ready and we could have them straight away, the rooms were very clean, spacious and very well equipped with everything you could ask for.The spa was very clean and had a lovely atmosphere, the therapists were extremely polite and professional and all treatments were thoroughly enjoyed. The evening meal in the restaurant was delicious and staff very polite especially a lovely young lady 'Megan' she was amazing nothing was too much trouble for her extremely good at her job. We all had a fantastic, fabulous, amazing stay and will definately be returning and recommending to friends and family.

Room Tip: Room 312 had a fabulous balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Linda115

Thanks for your wonderful comments, we were all delighted to read that you had such a fabulous birthday celebration with us.

We do pride ourselves on the high level of service that we deliver to all our guests and I shall be sure to personally thank Megan for the exceptional service she offered to you and your friends.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

csteven@qhotels.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband arranged for a spa & hotel package & it was a lovely relaxing 21 hrs.
The receptionist was pleasant & not cold (like some). We stayed in a suite which was a special treat as there was a complimentary bottle of wine & a TV in the bath. We were offered a 3 course lunch & then we have 50 min of spa treatments. The dinner menu had lots of choice & the staff were great. Our only problem was that the meals wasn't hot, which was disappointing as we were sure that the chef had done a good job... Apparently when the hotels have large functions they take all the hot plate, so the restaurant suffers. I had a great nights sleep as i wear earplugs, but unfortunately my husband didn't as party goers were making noise through the early hours of the morning.
Overall it is a fantastic hotel, just slightly spoilt by the large functions going on at the time we stayed.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Car381

Thanks for your comments following your stay with us here at the Nottingham Belfry Hotel and I was happy to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us.

our suites are very special and the extra amenities and space within them are very popular with our guests.

I was sorry to learn that your food was not as hot as it should have been, and I have discussed this with chef to ensure all food arrives at the table piping hot.

My apologies as well that your husband was woken by other guests in the hotel, we do check all areas of the hotel on a regular basis overnight to ensure any late night revelers are prevented from disturbing anyone else so my apologies if this was not the case during your visit, our team are always available at reception or via the telephone to assist in any way.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Our first ever spa break and just brilliant from arrival to departure. Amazing how small things make such a big difference, banter at check in, friendly acknowledgements as we moved around the hotel. Food was magnificent, spa treatment blissful and room excellent. Only minor gripe was a health club reception wasn't manned full time but waits weren't huge just not to same standard as rest of stay.

Room Tip: We upgraded to enhanced room and it was really huge with fabulous bathroom, I want that bathroom at...
Dear Kevin M

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments, it was great to read that you had such a fabulous stay.

We do pride ourselves on the friendliness of the team and I was delighted that everyone looked after you so well. I hope that this we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed here on a sunday night offer.
The room was lovely, seperate bath and shower which is a real treat.
Staff were very friendly but professional and nothing was too much trouble.
We went for a swim in the spa, the pool was a bit cool but the jacuzi made up for it!
The evening meal and breakfast were excellent.
I would stay here again.

Dear cmc104

We were delighted to read that you had such a fantastic stay with us recently.

We did encounter a small problem with the machine that controls the water temperature in the pool recently and I am sorry if you found it a little cool. This is now fully operational and back to a more pleasing temperature.

Our Sunday offers are always good value and the most up to date promotions can always be found on our own Qhotels website; we hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed on a spa break, (excellent value) it was for my husbands 60th birthday, I was very surprised that although they were informed of this no mention was made, either congratulations, or offer of a glass of wine or beer. Very disappointed stays at other hotels on special occasions were marked in some way.
Otherwise again could not fault the hotel John on reception was very helpful as were all staff we encountered and also very pleasant, including the spa therapists (cannot remember name).
Food was excellent , we had lunch dinner and breakfast. We had a superior room which we found not to be much different than the standard, in fact I prefer the standard because they have a ceiling fan, which I find invaluable as I have M.E. but they both have everything you could need,
full bath,seperate walk in shower, flat screen tv with freeview channels, free wifi, tea and coffe, mineral water etc.
As I have restricted mobility and use a wheelchair I found this hotel totally suitable for me, the only bug bear is that the beds are so hard, my poor aching bones etc could do with a softer mattress, but I am sure this won't stop us returning.

Dear MazSolihull

Thanks for taking the time to post a review following your most recent stay with us for your husband's birthday and my apologies that we did not acknowledge this during your visit.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and our team looked after you well.

Our superior rooms are larger than our standard rooms, with the addition of complimentary mineral water, bathrobes and other upgraded amenities. We also have Qstar rooms and Suites, both of which have an upgraded bedding package, including a luxurious mattress topper which may be more comfortable for you. If you are looking to return, do feel free to contact me directly; I would be delighted to discuss the different rooms we have with you to find the one that would best suit your needs.

Thanks once again for taking the time.

Pinxton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Myself and a friend have just got back from this hotel having spent the past 3 days there , I felt I wanted to write this review to let everyone one know what a good hotel it is. Our room was lovely and warm, clean and had everything in it that we needed.The food was very good.The staff were absolutely fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for them , everyone was so friendly, its got to be the most friendly hotel I have ever stayed in.The spa was very good , with very pleasant therapy staff.I will definitely recommend this hotel and spa to family and friends.An excellent experience, will most certainly return.Many thanks to all the staff at Nottingham Belfry.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BarbaraPinxton

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments following your spa break with us, I was delighted to read that our team looked after you so well.

We hope to see you again soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

The room was very good. Comfortable, well equipped although the Wi-Fi is a bit limited. Nice bathroom. I was there for a business conference so the meal was ok but not brilliant - a matter of style over substance. Wasn't impressed by breakfast as I wasn't offered a hot drink. General atmosphere was very good and the staff were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steve B

Thanks for your feedback following your stay with us for your conference and I was glad to read that you found our team to be friendly and your room comfortable.

I was disappointed that your evening meal and breakfast less than perfect and would be delighted for any further feedback on specific dishes so we can address this as a team.

We do have complimentary WiFi across the entire hotel and have a support service available 24 hours a day to address any issue so my apologies if this was not brought to your attention during your stay.

Thanks again for all your comments, it really does help us focus on areas that we can strive to improve our product and service.