“Good property, spacious rooms. Hope some of the staff could show more courtsey.”

The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My stay was quite long and got a very good deal from the hotel and a gracious upgrade to the superior room. The hotel is in a very peaceful and refreshing location but has poor public transport connectivity. The room was very spacious, neat and clean and so was the whole property. The check in was somewhat not very happy with no bell boys available to fetch your luggage to the room and we had to load/unload all luggage ourselves to the room. Hotel has a nice Costa coffee shop and a restaurant. Staff at the restaurant are extremely nice and friendly and left no stone unturned to please us. Housekeeping is good but some new recruits give a damn but seniors are helpful in mending it too. The front office seem very sweet and polite on phone but somehow I always saw a cold look physically. Overall it was a nice experience but some of the staff including some very seniors should be more helpful and show more courtesy. Would love to stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Bikramjeet

I was delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your recent visit to our hotel and that our breakfast team in particular looked after you so well.

My apologies that you were not offered assistance with your luggage on arrival, and please be assured that this has been addressed with our reception team.

We do hope that we will see you again soon.

csteven@qhotels.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Whilst the hotel is well located, rooms are clean and comfortable and well furnished, the food and customer service were not so great.

First night I was in a room that was SO noisy, right next door to laundry room etc so trolleys being wheeled past, staff chatting, general coming and goings made it noisy AND I had no mobile signal .....my family tried to call me using the hotel main line number but it took 20 minutes before anyone answered!!! I asked if I could move for the second night, which they did, to a room that was right on the main road ......noisy!!!!!
Breakfast was really poor quality - the juice was watered down, the cooked breakfast had been sitting too long and dried up and was generally not very nice at all :( Dinner in the restaurant was over-priced for what it was and the "freshly baked bread" was stale .....
Customer service depended very much on who you spoke to and was not consistent.

I was supposed to be staying there again next month but I shall chance my arm at the Premier Inn - at least there you know what you are letting yourself in for and their "good night guarantee" can't be topped!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Andi M

Tank you for your review and my apologies that your stay with us was less than perfect. We do pride ourselves on the friendliness of our team and excellent service and I am very sorry that we let ourselves down on this occasion.

I am very grateful for your feedback as it does help us identify areas in which we can improve and I do hope we shall have the opportunity to show you that this was an isolated experience.

Thank you again for taking the time.

Maryport, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

me and my partner had a resent weekend stay at the nottingham belfry hotel. we booked a standard room but then upgraded to a Q star room. the room was spacious, light and very clean and bed was really comfortable. the staff were fantastic and very helpful in whatever we needed. breakfast was lovely, good selection to choice from. we ordered room service on the 2nd night, and we were not disappointed, food came quickly and pipping hot. was delicious ( compliments to the chief). we used the hotel pool and gym, both small but never had a problem. could use both easily as were not too busy. we went into nottingham via taxi (£11) as we were visiting the arena, took around ten minutes, worth it if you dont no the area, due to one-way systems. overall the hotel was fantastic, excellent service and well worth the money, we will certainly be returning. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lorraine S

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write review following your recent visit to our hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay.

As you mentioned, the hotel is very accessible to the city centre but also close to the M1 and with complimentary car parking it does make a visit to Nottingham by car easier than having to negotiate the city centre traffic.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Manchester
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Excellent customer service
All the staff tried to please at all times, we had a problem with the restaurant one evening but Steven the manager tried his utmost to help and resolve this. Nice rooms, easy access, John on reception helps with any questions about the local area. Tv signal a little dodgy in the day time but we didnt watch much tv . First break for my Son and ion our own and it was very enjoyable all round.We will be back i hope

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BelfryManager, General Manager at The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear gibbons

Thank you very much for your feedback of our hotel, we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

We have just placed an order for new televisions as we had identified from customer feedback that our analogue flat screen televisions were difficult for our guests to use.

We hope to see you and your son again soon.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

What can I say about this hotel. We have stayed here on numerous occassions. Each time the experence gets better and better. ALL the staff, from managers to housekeeping, are friendly and treat us like a member of the family. My 5 month old grand daughter has stayed with us before and the staff have always accomodated her needs. We had no doubt we would bring our family, who were visiting from South Africa, to stay at the Nottingham Belfry. It was a lovely end to their trip. The food was exceptional, compliments to the chef. The staff were fantastic. The use of the spa and gym rounded off a memorable weekend. Thank you Nottingham Belfry and keep up the exceptional work.

Room Tip: all the rooms are comfy you will get good value which ever room you sleep in
Dear Brenda A

Thank you ever so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We do share all tripadvisor comments with every member f our team and everyone was delighted to hear that they looked after you so well.

Our chefs do pride themselves on the high level of food they deliver and we hope to see you again soon.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had to spend two nights in Nottingham just recently and travelling solo is always a worry.
The hotel is very easy to find, just of the M1 and well signposted if you follow their directions.

I arrived very early and was warmly greeted by Suzanne at reception who went out of her way to assist me with an appropriate room. The room wasn't ready but this wasn't a problem...l didn't expect it to be.
I was happy to wander across to the bar and order a glass of wine from the lovely Leanne who also greeted me warmly and indeed looked after me, serving me in the courtyard which was perfect as it was a glorious day.
I also enjoyed a very nice lunch here and found it very relaxing.

My room was a nice size with a small balcony. A very comfortable bed, a table and two chairs and a hospitality tray.
The bathroom was very well equipped with bath and separate shower and spotless.
Over the bath was a detachable shower head, perfect for washing hair! I also liked the small vanity area for making up and hair drying in the room.....a stool there would be an asset!

I ordered room service on both nights and found the food very acceptable coupled with good service again.

I only took breakfast on one morning but again received a very friendly and warm greeting from the restaurant staff.
There was plenty of choice for a typical English breakfast with copious amounts of tea and coffee speedily delivered to the table.
I would have liked the hot fayre a little warmer but realise it's buffet style and can be difficult.

I cannot speak highly enough of the staff here, they were all very attentive toward me and very very helpful and indeed caring.

I checked out very early. This was a very easy process with the night gentleman on duty who again was very kind and helpful.

I was very happy with my stay here and would most certainly return if l am ever in the area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TEEMILL
Dear teemill

I was very pleased to read that our team looked after you so well during your recent visit to us here at the Nottingham Belfry Hotel. We do pride ourselves on the friendliness of our team.

Suzanne and Leanne will both be delighted to hear your comments and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yorkshire
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel reminds me of a premier inn with a spa. That's not a negative except it costs a fair bit more than a premier inn. This is the second time we have stayed here, the first time was in an executive room which was big for the sake of it. It was just a wasted space and the tv was miles away. So this time we booked a standard and this room was the perfect size. The downside was the lack of air conditioning which meant on such a warm evening we had to have the fan on most of the night which was noisy and made us both feel dehydrated. Following our evening out we decided to have a drink in the bar before going to bed. This was around 11:25pm. We were told we couldn't pay cash and that we had no credit on our room and would have to add £50 credit at the reception. We gave up and went to bed. Tea and coffee in the room was very limited as was the uht milk. Breakfast choice was good and well cooked. One thing I find odd at this hotel is that when you are seated for breakfast you are not asked if you would like tea or coffee. The result being that we had to eventually ask for drinks as no one came to ask us. This happened the last time we stayed here as well.

This hotel needs to do a little better for the price they are charging, premier inns are cheaper, the beds are more comfortable and they often have a restaurant and bar. We will try the Hilton next time.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mummybobYorkshire
Dear mummybobyorkshire

Thanks very much for your feedback of your recent stay with us and my apologies that your experience was less than perfect.

We have now extended the hours by which you may pay by cash at our bar and have also revised the way we serve tea and coffee as a result of your comments.

Thanks once again for taking the time and I do hope to see you again soon.