“Gone seriously downhill”

The Golden Fleece
3 attraction reviews
“Gone seriously downhill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We've been to the Fleece many times for Sunday lunch and found it consistently good. This time however we were greeted by loud eighties music which was being played as a medley. Slightly taken aback we mentioned this to a waitress who said that it wasn't her musical choice and apologised but it didn't change. It completely spoilt what is usually a lovely chilled Sunday atmosphere. The service was attentive & friendly & could not be improved but this didn't make up for the fact that both the beers I wanted were not on. So I had to drink something I'm not that keen on. The lunch was better than average but not worth the terrible loud music or the lack of beer. Sorry but the Fleece is not our favourite anymore!
I'd like to reiterate that this is in no way down to the staff who gave 10/10 service as always.

Visited February 2014