Colwick Hall Hotel
Hilton Nottingham(Nottingham)
Average 3/5
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrace coursebyron suitegrand ballroommozart roomthemed afternoon teaharry potterstately homesuperior roomwedding venuechristmas lunchsmall windowhuge bathroomwedding breakfastno liftbeautiful roomtrouser pressnight porter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We held our wedding at Colwick Hall at the end of January this year. The service and the attention from the staff was fantastic. Divya was looking after the organising of the day and she was really helpful and made sure that the wedding all went to plan. We had a menu trial two months before the wedding and the head chef came to our table and discussed all of our preferences. On the day staff was great, the food was fantastic, every one there from the receptionist to the house keeper looked after us and were kind and professional. The Hotel is beautiful and made the big day for us that extra bit special

I highly recommend the hotel as a wedding venue and I will be very happy to book again in the future for a family get together or other celebrations.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Selva M, Owner at Colwick Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear KevL
Thank you for your kind words and am very pleased you had an amazing Wedding Day at Colwick Hall. I have just shared your review with the team and are always delighted to be of service.
For all your special occasions be they business or pleasure, Divya and the team are just a phone call away.
An eggstra easter lunch awaits on Sunday - Wine is on us for tables of six!

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

From the minute you drive up to this hotel you know you are in for a treat. Full of charm and character, you feel that you have escaped to the country even though you are not far from the town centre. The staff are friendly and welcoming, the room was stunning and it was a real pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013
Selva M, Owner at Colwick Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Foxyvegaschick

Thank you for your wonderful review, it was indeed a pleasure for us to serve you. Your photos are lovely and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at Colwick Hall for my wifes 40th birthday. It was a suprise night away from the kids and i have to say that Sam and the rest of the team could not have done more to make this a special occasion. I asked if i could check in early to prepare the room with balloons etc and that was no problem. I arranged flowers which were waiting for me on arrival. The room was lovely. It was a superior room(104) which overlooked the lake. Beautiful large sash windows framed the gardens perfectly. The bed was a very comfortable 4 poster and as for the bathroom,wow. It was huge with a lovely roll top bath in the centre and an amazing shower in the corner. Double sinks too, all very clean and well maintained. I decorated the bathroom with hundreds of tea lights which looked amazing.
We had a room service breakfast which was cooked to perfection and delivered on time,to the minute! Our toast was missing so i called reception. It couldnt have been 3 minutes before there was a knock on the door with hot toast.
Both on arrival and departure the reception team went out of their way to talk to us which was genuine and appreciated.
I cant comment on the standard rooms or the restaurant as we didnt see these but if they are anything like the superior room we experienced they will be spot on.
Could i have asked for anymore from my stay. NO!!! Well done Colwick Hall and thank you.

Room Tip: Superior room 104 was perfect with large flat screen tv. I understand other rooms have tvs which are even bigger!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul R
Selva M, Owner at Colwick Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Paul R
It was an immense pleasure to serve you at Colwick Hall for your wife's 40th. I am delighted you thoroughly enjoyed the service and the luxury of the stately bedrooms.

You stayed in our William Wordsworth room - each of the individually designed bedrooms are named after famous people in and around 1776 when the house was remodelled by John Carr of York for Sir John Musters. Just 15 more to go!

We can't wait to be of service again and would love to host all your forthcoming events when you are in the area. Just to keep you posted there is a very special Mothering Sunday luncheon and wine on in the oppulent Grand Ballroom.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My first visit here. This place is filled with bags of grandeur and character. The staff were very friendly and it's in a very convenient location overlooking the racecourse and set in beautiful grounds.
I was a little suprised to see the modern style furniture (although good quality) in the bedroom, but I can see this combination of old and new can work if you like that sort of thing. Given the lovely big bedroom and the nice bathroom I was a little disappointed that the only window was very small and high up so you could see nothing much.
The food here was excellent and given the quality reasonably priced.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Selva M, Owner at Colwick Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Geoff S
A very warm welcome from all at Colwick Hall and be this the first of many more visits to come.

I am so glad you enjoyed the charm and grandeur, and as you say within striking distance of the city. Being a listed building we actually had to work v hard to get windows in as there were none on the second floor, so are fortunate to have got the view over the balustrading.

Getting very excited as its our Wedding Fair this weekend. Thank you for your wonderful review.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have stayed at Colwick Hall on numerous occasions over the last few years and have always enjoyed our stay. Executive rooms fit our requirements and when we require a lovely meal we use the Georgetown restaurant. The full English breakfasts are always good. The hotel is in Colwick Park by the race course, and is a lovely place to walk on a summers evening! Providing a suitable room was available, Colwick Hall would always be in our top three places to stay in Nottingham!

Room Tip: The Executive rooms we normally use are on the top floor, however we would prefer a superiour room with a view if the price was right. For one or two nights all the Executive rooms are more than acceptable. We normally make a last minute booking at a good rate!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Peter I
Always a pleasure to serve you. On behalf of all the team, I thank you for your custom.

Thanks for your lovely feedback and see you soon.