“Average but good price”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Stamford, England, United Kingdom
“Average but good price”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights with a group of friends, The room i stayed in was clean and well equipped as you would expect, The staff were helpfull but rushed off their feet, check in was very busy on my arrival so quite a queue formed. Parking around the hotel is a bit limited but it is the same for other hotels in the area i believe. I was on the fifth floor and can honestly say noise was not a problem.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
UK
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Came not expecting too much, but to be honest had a good stay at the hotel. Check in was quick and professional and there was a nice vibe about due to the Xmas festivities. Room had a double and a single so was quite spacious if you pushed the single out of the way. There was some noise in the corridors throughout the night but the security dealt with that.

Good value for money and very close to train and bus station.

Just a quick thanks to Cyril a member of staff who went out of his way to be courteous and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We booked this for a mini trip to Nottingham for a few nights and got a good deal. After reading some of the reviews on here we were a bit uncertain about what to expect but were pleasantly surprised. Check in was quick and easy, our room was right by the lifts on the 7th floor so we were worried it might be noisy but apart from a few drunk people on friday night it was very quiet. It turned out our room was a family room so we had plenty of towels and a big bathroom. We loved the extra pillows and blanket provided and spent the evenings tucked under that watching tv (which also has free view). Our room and bathroom were also cleaned every day while we were out to our surprise and the towels were changed and the tea and coffee facilities were changed and topped up. For the price we payed this really is the best deal we've had so far. It's also right next to the train station which was great for us as we travelled by train as it worked out cheaper than paying the parking charges. Would certainly stay again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We booked the hotel through an agent to stay over on New year's eve/day. Good price and easy to do. The problem was with parking. We had some very unhelpful directions when we got lost and rang the hotel for help. We eventually found it (not very well signposted for drivers at night) and got booked in. Everything else was great, check in was easy, the room was lovely and clean and we were treated to a great breakfast buffet that set us up for the day! So overall I would say, use google street view to find the carpark (or Jury's Inn could put it on their site) and enjoy. Very happy overall and I would reccomend using this place if you need to stay in Notingham!

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed with my wife for one night just before Christmas. Rang the hotel, prior to our arrival, and asked about parking, they informed me that there was no on site parking but directed me to a secure car park near by. The car park in Queens Street ( the other side of the train station from the hotel) is a secure multi story park. We arrived at the car park at 2:00 pm on Saturday and left at 12:30 on the Sunday and the cost was £4:00.Checking in was easy, staff very friendly and efficient. We had a decent sized room on the 10th floor (all lifts in working order), clean, nicely decorated, comfortable bed and a good bathroom. Breakfast was very good. Full English, Continental, good selection of fruit, yoghurt etc. Have stayed in four different hotels in Nottingham of the same rating and would say that this hotel was one of the better ones.

Birmingham England
Reviewed December 19, 2013

On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by a traffic warden stood in the loading bay outside the hotel! We hadnt even got the handbrake on and we were told we couldnt stop there. I advised him it said unload only and I was unloading my suitcase.........I had to run in and get the car park directions then go and park the car and then walk back around to the hotel. Its only a couple of minutes walk but its a pain. No good if your disabled or with kids and lots of luggage.

Check in was quick and the guy was knowledgeable. The hotel seems new and fresh. Our room on the 9th floor was clean and reasonable size. There was tea and coffee making facilities. Storage space, desk with chair and 2 easy chairs with a table. Our room overlooked the canal and Premier Inn the other side of the road.

The bed was comfortable and enough pillows. The bathroom was fair size and the shower was warm and powerful. Bath, plenty of towels and a few complimentary toiletries.

We were unable to eat in the restaurant as there was a private function on. There was no internal or external noise. Overall a nice hotel but my preference would still be Premier Inn across the road with free parking and plenty of cheaper rooms.

Framlingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed in 3 different hotels last week of which Jury's was one.... I arrived at reception to be told they did not have a reservation for me so not a good start. I explained this was booked and confirmed several weeks ago etc etc. No good - no reservation "sorry sir". It was clear this was my problem as they moved on to the next customer in the line. So I got my laptop out, pulled up the email trail and reservation confirmation etc etc. and asked for the Duty Manager who subsequently fixed things and told me I could now check in.... the same receptionist then told me my name was incorrectly spelt hence she had not found the booking originally and it was "not her fault". Really the reception service was the worst I have come across in many years.

The room - OK but cold. I turned the heating up as far as it would go but could not get the room up to a reasonable temperature.

In room WIFI is available but at a charge. You can get it free in the public areas only.

Bathroom - sink blocked and the tap didn't work properly (5 mins to fill the sink). Tells me the house keeping is not much better than the reception.

Breakfast - cattle market for self service. I can live with it but it's not very well laid out so queue for this, then queue for that etc etc.... it's painfully slow when you are in a hurry. The food quality was OK though.

Location - great for the Railway Station and you can walk to town though their are other hotels that are closer, better and commensurately priced or cheaper. Crowne Plaza, Hilton and Ramada. I have stayed in all of them and would happily return to the others but would not return to the Jury's Inn (not Nottingham).

I don't normally write too many reviews while traveling on business as I stay in so many places but this was so poor I felt the need to let my fellow travelers know.

Room Tip: Ramada, Crowne Plaza and Hilton.... all better locations wise and certainly better for service.