“Good hotel, no parking.”

Jurys Inn Nottingham
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Take note, the hotel has no parking of it's own. If you are traveling by train, or other method, it is a good option. Breakfast was good, the room comfortable, clean etc. Bathroom was excellent, clean. Very convenient location for the train, and not far from the LaceMarket district of Nottingham.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jurys_Inns, General Manager at Jurys Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear 01Badger

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your recent review.

Unfortunately we don’t have onsite parking however for the comfort of our guests we recommend two car parks which are on Queens Road, parallel to Station Street where the hotel is located. Both car parks are a two and a five minute walk away from the hotel.

I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Simon Anglin

Write a ReviewReviews (2,565)

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is near the Lace market in Nottingham. The bedrooms are comfortable and the amenities include a decent restaurant and bar area.

The staff are always friendly and the hotel offers good value for money overall.

My only gripe is that the baths in the rooms are too shallow in shape thereby deterring occupants from having one and going for a shower instead.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a design and build Hotel which provides basic but clean and convenient accomodation. The rooms have the usual facilities of coffee tea making and TV/wi fi access......it is clean but a little clinical.The beds are excellent and comfortable.There is no parking on site but you can access a low cost 24 hr park about hundred yards from the hotel. It is also convenient for the station (200 hundred yards) and the metro which will take you to and from the town centre. The football grounds and Trent bridge is half a mile away there is also Hooters a stones throw away for a generous meal served by very attractive staff ! One gripe is the bar very spartan I can imagine that sums the place up but plenty of deals around and stayed in worse places

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eyespie2450
Reviewed November 16, 2012

A very comfortable stay on a work trip for two nights. I had a great veggie burger in the bar and there was a resonable choice at breakfast. My room was large and clean with a good sized bathroom. There was a bath and a nice powerful shower. Although the hotel was on a busy road the room was very quiet. You could also open the window for some fresh air in the morning - not possible in all hotels and I was surprised at just how noisy it was with the window open, showing me how quiet the hotel had made the room. Good service at reception.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I booked a room at this hotel per the reviews on this site. The room was clean, except for a black mark in the carpet (probably mascara) and the smell of baby nappies that seemed to linger on when the air con was switched on. Apart from this it was ok. However please do not eat dinner or breakfast here. It's not as you would expect from the menu and certainly not worth the money. I paid £44.00 including a bottle of wine for a meal that was probably taken out of a ready meal package and not cooked freshly. I asked for gravy as my dauphinois potato was dry (no cream sauce in the spuds). I was given beef gravy instead of onion or vegetarian to go with my miniscule chicken stuffed with apricot. root veg was just parsnips. Imagine a white plate with just white food on it! I did explain this to the lady serving us and she assured us it was the head office that recently changed the menu. I did tell her I wasn't going to eat it and did say I was not stopping for dessert although the wine was good! She was very sympathetic and I was pleased she understood me especially when I asked if she would eat it (no she said as she was picky with her food and I gladly didn't take that as a hint of sarcasm).
Listen, Just head for the bar and have a good drink instead and if you are not drunk take a walk into the city and look for a restaurant with better value.
I left the following morning after suffering terrible IBS. This is because I'm not used to eating luke warm breakfast. I don't think I need say anymore about the food as I am sure a member of the bar staff prepared it in the microwave and just thought it looked pretty enough on the plate! The warning was dinner the previous evening so my fault really.
Albeit still a clean enough room with helpful staff, even if one of them walks off when they see you coming there is always another that notices you waiting!

Room Tip: I suppose the higher up the better the peace and quiet. Do not eat the breakfast even if there are o...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank C W
Jurys_Inns, General Manager at Jurys Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear C W

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We at Jurys Inn Nottingham strive to ensure that all our customers receive friendly, efficient service in comfortable surroundings. It is clear from reading your review that during your meals this did not happen and for that I am very sorry and would welcome the opportunity to discuss further should you wish to do so.

We do take pride in serving all regionally sourced produce to our guests. Our menus are tailored to reflect good quality, fresh and wholesome food, which is prepared fresh on a daily basis ensuring all dishes are infused with all the flavors. As a group we do regularly change our menus to ensure we are offering our guests variety in what we offer.

I am delighted to hear that your room was clean and that the staff were very helpful throughout your stay.

I do hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Nottingham, as I am confident that you will notice a marked improvement in our food.

Once again please accept my sincerest apologies.

Kind Regards
Simon Anglin

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Ideally located near the train station the hotel is a standard corporate hotel. However that isn't always a sign of a nice hotel. Beds comfortable and my room was lovely and clean. Food in the evening was a choice of bar meals or a restaurant. Not out of this world but good grub. Staff friendly and helpful and knew Nottingham well so could recommend the best way to get to my meeting venue.

Would stay again and if they did a decent deal for a city break might even book for a weekend

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Perfectly located if you are arriving by train, but be aware it is a good 10 minute walk to the centre of the city. Hotel rooms are good standard, it didn't exceed my expectations but it didn't disappoint either.
Overall good value for money and did what I needed it to do for a one night break.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends