1,013 results
All reviews city centre travel lodge maid marion way room was clean car park top floor family room first floor train station main road would stay again stayed for one night excellent stay checking out pleasant stay short stay saturday night
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

It is indeed a budget hotel, you get what you pay for. If you don’t want anything fancy, this is the perfect hotel, cheap and cheerful.
Be aware that the rooms get extremely hot when it’s even just a little warmer outside! They do put a small fan in the room but let’s be honest, that is just circulating hot air. You can’t open the windows at all, obviously for safety reasons, usually you can open it slightly but here you can’t. Walls are quite thin so if you want quiet, I suggest you to book a room on the quiet (business I think they call it) floor, but even there you can hear everything.
The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble for them.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank FriderikaV
TravelodgeUK, Niki from The Social Media Team at Travelodge Nottingham Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our Nottingham Central hotel.

We hope that all of our guests enjoy a comfortable stay, and it is unfortunate that the high temperature had such an impact on your experience.

Not all of our hotels have air conditioning, however we have taken steps within the hotels to ensure that our rooms are kept as cool as possible such as providing fans, adding sheets to our beds and keeping the duvet separate and other measures that may assist in reducing the temperature.

We understand that these measures are sometimes not as effective as we would hope which we would like to apologise for. The comfort of our rooms are the foundations of the perfect stay we aim to offer to our guests, and this is why it is particularly important for us to feed your comments back to our colleagues at the hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

Firstly was very impressed to receive a phone call from travelodge nottingham central 2 days before arrival date with information on two car parks near to the hotel their prices,and post codes this info was so useful. We managed to park on maid Marion car park which is very reasonable at £5 per day. We walked up to hotel. On reception we were made really welcome by Barbera very imfomative and the map she gave us was so useful on our way around town. Our room was on top floor had fab views. The room was extremely clean and bed very comfy we can't think of anything negative to say. All The staff we saw were all very friendly it had a nice atmosphere. We felt we had good value for money. We would definitely stay again when visiting Nottingham. Well located for the shops and nearby pubs. Trip to jerusalem close by. We can't comment on breakfasts because we try them. But thanks for a brill stay.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank ditto20
Reviewed May 28, 2019

This is a really nice hotel in a very convenient city centre location and great value for money.
I stayed in 2 different rooms, both of which were large, very comfortable and clean.
Dogs are allowed here; it was lovely to have my chihuahua with me.
I was particularly impressed with how helpful and friendly the staff were, especially Barry, Michael, and Alex. They made me feel very welcome and went the extra mile to help me at all times.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone looking to stay in Nottingham.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunshineGreer
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Very friendly, happy staff. Clean and good location. Typical Travelodge decor. Decent bars and restaurants nearby, especially Indian. Would defiantly stay again mainly for the proximity to the station

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 771AndyS
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

I stay in travel lodge is all over the country. And on this occasion have to mark the hotel down as it is definitely a bit tired for example one of the window frames in my room was loose and it was difficult to open windows to get fresh air in as there is no air-conditioning. The room and bathroom were clean and as usual the bed was fine. I always ask for a room away from the lifts and on a High floor. I stayed in mid May on business so the hotel was quite quiet particularly so at breakfast where they were only one or two other folk in the dining room. From my perspective convenient for the city centre and my business meetings but might consider staying elsewhere next time.

Trip type: Traveled on business
TravelodgeUK, James from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Nottingham Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Thank you for reviewing our Travelodge Nottingham Central Hotel.

We're sorry to hear you felt the hotel has some wear and tear. Please rest assured all of our hotels are in the process of being refurbished so this won't be an issue forever.

Besides this we are happy to hear you felt the hotel was clean and you enjoyed the hotels breakfast option.

Please rest assured the hotel managers check Tripadvisor reviews of their hotels so your comments will be reviewed by the hotel's team.

Thank you again for leaving this review and we do hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.