“Good budget hotel but don't expect high”

Premier Inn Nottingham Arena (London Road) Hotel
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I chose it because it was very close to my conference place, and obviously it is in a centre place. It is walking distance from the airport bus stoppage. It is beside a very busy road place. I stayed there for 2 nights, thus I did not bother about street noise. I had to wait long time to complete the check in procedure as there was no one in the reception at the night time, which was really annoying. The room was very good at the low cost price. There is free WiFi in the reception area. But the breakfast was very poor, I asked for yogurt for the cereal, they only provided milk. I found desert type yogurt which date was already expired! Finally they could manage to give me non-expired yogurt. Finally I could finish my breakfast before going to the Conference. I did not expect that type of poor breakfast service from a big chain hotel.

Room Tip: During booking, you can request them to provide you in higher floors to get rid of street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our room was clean, warm, large and welcoming. I took my 10 month old daughter and the staff were so friendly and couldnt do enough for us. If i visited nottingham again i would definately book here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here on a weekday night during half term and part of the premier inn sale.
The hotel was easy to find on a main trunk road into the City Centre. The hotel does have on site parking which was £3 (not a fan of paying for parking at hotels). The check in process was fast and speedy. The only gripe I have was the fact that the reception staff were a little puzzled that I was sharing a double bed with my boyfriend....this took me by complete surprise.
Anyway, the room was situated on the second floor and overlooked the busy trunk road. Despite this, the windows were adequate at preventing road noise coming into the room. The room itself was clean and well maintained. The shower was powerful, which is always a bonus. If I had to nit pick.....I would say that the tile grout, around the shower, needed an overhaul as it was showing the beginnings of mould.

Overall, this is a very clean hotel, a short walk from the main shopping area, made even better with a £29 price tag.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

just back from this hotel stayed for 4days there was no facilites for kids there was an open lake just outside the door which had no saftey rail around it very dangerous for children the rooms were very small for families (dog box) is wat i would refer to it. we travelled wit a large group which included children the staff were friendly but there not enough of them to cater for our group we had to clear our own tables of glasses, they ran out of drink at the bar, they couldnt rustle up a few sandwiches for us we were told we would have to wait till 5pm before we could get food the breakfast was good value but the chef couldnt cope with the large group either he/she sent out half cooked bacon and eggs we had to send them back the dinner was awful so we didnt eat there again the lift is old and took forever to come up or down needs updating the double rooms were ok but there was a smell of sewage from the bathroom our families were put up on the 5th floor which i found bizarre for to have children up so high would not recommend this hotel to anyone with children defo would not stay there again

Room Tip: book breakfast on-line much cheaper and kids go free
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Nottingham Arena (London Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and I apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel is very clean and modern. Breakfast was exceptional - I had the 'eat all you can' cooked breakfast and my wife had a continental affair. The dinner menu is typical pub fare but the food is very good. The dining room looks out over a stretch of the canal which is most pleasant.

Get a room on a high floor (like we did) as it's by a busy road. Windows are triple glazed but traffic noise barely audible on top floor will be worse the lower you get I imagine.

All of the staff we spoke with (receptionist, waiters at breakfast and dinner, and room maid) were extraordinarily pleasant, helpful and conversational.

And the hotel is just a few hundred metres from the Capital Arena (our destination the first evening) and easy walking distance from the city centre shops (her chosen destination the following day). They let us leave our car in their car park for the afternoon even after we had checked out. Parking at the hotel was £3 over night which I thought was quite fair for city centre parking.

I'm a fan of Travel Inns in general, but this one excelled.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Excellent value for money ideal for the arena we go to a lot of concerts so always stay here
Restaurant food is always good staff all friendly and helpful
Clean quiet comfy and breakfast good too will definitely be staying again and again
Would highly recommend

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very good hotel, well positioned for both the shops and the Arena. Clean and tidy. Staff very friendly. Food satisfactory. Very quiet even though on a main road. Car parking £3 which was reasonable. We left the car there on the day if our departure and walked up to the castle then in to town. Would use this hotel again if going to Nottingham.

• Stayed: February 2013