“concerts”

Motorpoint Arena Nottingham
Ranked #7 of 120 things to do in Nottingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Motorpoint Arena Nottingham is one of the UK's top entertainment venues. Our 10,000 seat Arena hosts the cream of live music, comedy, shows & sporting events in the Midlands.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have visited the Arena for various concerts, Slash, Peter Kay, Donny and Marie Osmond, Noel Gallagher and John Bishop. Always had a pleasant experience but found the refreshments overpriced as is usual in these places. Seating okay, I went on my own to see Donny and Marie but felt comfortable being on my own. Difficult for parking on concert nights, do not park in the multi storey car park nearby, extortionate price and massive queue to pay after concert.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were really looking forward to going Ice Skating after watching the Winter Olympics. The facilities were incredible and the pricing was reasonable,it's really a shame we live so far away. However, it reminded me of being 13 years old again at a school disco. There was a lot of young individuals all stood in the middle of the ice rink which was frustrating for those who wanted to enjoy the skating. Also the volume of individuals on the rink at one time was surprising and slightly frustrating as you were constantly getting in others way or they were getting in yours. I may consider another trip here, however it wouldn't be on the saturday afternoon disco session!!!

1  Thank Millie53224
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Concert was great but that's about all. Hotel was awful and taxi drivers refused to take us back to hotel at the end of the night as "it wasn't far enough" for them to take us!!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've been to the public disco session on a Sat afternoon a couple of times now. Price inc skate hire is good value for money. I love the playlist - anything c.2003-2004 is great by me!

I also love the old gal who skates during this time as she helps those less confident than her. I hope to be as spritely as her when I'm older!

Only downside is the token system on the lockers - you have to pay 50p each time for a token when you open your locker.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have lived in Nottingham for most of my life and had never been to see the Panthers play Ice Hockey, shame on me! So I went to a game a few weeks ago and oh my what a wonderful fun evening for all the family, it's a must, fun disco music, lights, fast paced, we got great seating up high so we could see all the action. It was one of the best nights out. The staff were lovely, helpful and friendly.

2  Thank JoseyJoenotts