National Ice Centre and Motorpoint Arena Nottingham
Ranked #8 of 131 things to do in Nottingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Motorpoint Arena Nottingham is one of the UK's top entertainment venues. Our 10,000 seat Arena hosts the cream of live music, comedy, shows & sporting events in the Midlands. The Arena is based within the National Ice Centre complex, the UK's first twin ice pad facility and centre of excellence for ice sports in the UK. The National Ice Centre also comprises the biggest ice sports store in the UK - Ice Locker - as well as dance studios and conference rooms.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Nottingham, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Concert nights”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

A very well set out and organised venue, we have visited many times I have been to music / band concerts including Elton John, Eric Clapton, Status Quo, and my wife and family have attended various ice shows.

Visited April 2012

Nottingham, United Kingdom
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Jesus Christ Superstar”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I went to this concert last Saturday evening.
Excellent production!
There were plenty of staff around and the venue was well organised all round.
I have a mobility issue and hence had a seat on the ground floor.
The staff couldn't have been kinder to me personally escorting me in the lift and taking me to my seat.
There was no way I could have walked down the stairs because they don't have handrails which I actually think is dangerous.
It is a long way from the foyer down to the ground floor.
It was easy to get a drink and also to buy a programme.
At the end of the performance our exit was also well managed especially considering how many people were there.
All in all I had an excellent night out!

UK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Utter shambles.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I paid for my wife and children to see Ice Age Live at Capital FM Arena last week, as a treat for my children after receiving good reports from school. It was £114 for the three of them.

The show started half an hour late and about forty minutes later stopped, never to re-start.

The audience was not kept advised regarding what was going on and when the show was eventually cancelled there were no members of management to be found anywhere.

I called the Arena but after thirty minutes of call queuing and voicemails I gave up. So I emailed the Arena asking for details about how to obtain a refund and what other concessions they would make to offset the other costs we incurred (travel and parking for example), not to mention the huge disappointment experienced by my children.

So far I have not received any form of contact from Capital FM Arena, no refund, no apology, no offer to make good the situation.

Obviously I can ultimately claim back the ticket price from my card provider or failing that make a money claim to recover the money. However, none of this should be necessary. The Arena should have acted quickly to put right the situation.

So in summary, Ice Age Live was a huge disappointment and as things stand we are significantly out of pocket. Capital FM Arena made the situation significantly worse by not keeping people informed and not having a representative available when things went wrong. My children were quite upset about the whole affair and I till take some persuading ever to buy tickets for anything happening at Capital FM Arena in future.

London, United Kingdom
273 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 417 helpful votes
“Capital FM Arena Is A Hit”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I visited the Capital FM Arena Nottingham, also known as Nottingham Arena, yesterday for Nicki Minaj. The 10,000 capacity multi-entertainment venue is situated off Belward Street. The Arena shares its ‘Bolero Square’ frontage with the National Ice Centre (NIC). The Square was named after the winning dance music used by ice dance champions Torvill & Dean at the winter Olympics in 1984 as the local dancers regularly trained at the venue. The NIC is now home to the Nottingham Panthers ice hockey team and is a public skating facility on non practice and non match days. Nottingham Arena was renamed the Trent FM Arena in 2008 and was again re-branded in 2011, becoming the Capital FM Arena Nottingham.
This modern Arena building with its excellent public facilities regularly hosts a wide range of all seated and floor standing events throughout each year including music concerts by major artists, theatrical touring shows, top comedy performers, television dance shows and sporting events such as boxing and world wrestling. Staff are friendly, knowledgeable and pleased to assist customers and visitors.
Plan ahead when deciding to attend an event, tickets are available through Ticketmaster and subject to booking fees with the ticket prices set by the incoming events themselves; subject to availability avoid card booking fees by purchasing tickets direct from the Arena box office via cash sales; food and drink is more expensive on site than locally as is usual for any major venue.
A great multi-purpose venue with events for all tastes and ages.

1 Thank charles s
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jesus Christ Superstar”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

First visit to the Arena.
Excellent experience. No queues, lots of facilities (drinks, food, merchandise), easy access, friendly staff, clean, quick exit at the end. Very impressed.