“Trip”

Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem
Ranked #1 of 137 Nightlife in Nottingham
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Wonderful atmosphere and the food looked excellent, very friendly clientele everything it used to be.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,534)

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was really disappointed in "The Trip" at my last visit. It was the place of mine and my partners first date, so when our first choice of place to eat was too busy, we thought we'd go into the Trip. The food historically was good.

The moment we walked in the smell began. A mix of stale beer and open drains. We did find a table but it only took us a few minutes to decide that neither of us, because of the stench, were very hungry.

Lets say it's put me off going to the Trip again. Especially since there was no sign to apologise, or at least to warn you!

If you want to visit one of the oldest pubs and relive what it would have smelled like back when it was opened, visit the trip!

2  Thank lullyn
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was actually my second visit to "The Trip" this year as I've been to Nottingham twice on business. I know that there are several pubs that claim that they are the oldest, but this one which is built below the castle and into I guess you could call a small cliff has a great atmosphere. I have to admit that I was there for liquid refreshment only so I didn't get a chance to sample the food. I was impressed with the selection of ales. My favorites were the Abbot Ale and the Old Speckled Ale. During my first visit we drank in the courtyard. You need to go through the rooms which is a cave in the side of the cliff. The ambience is unique and is perfect for sitting down with your friends and having a few ales.

If you're in Nottingham, you need to stop in and see this jewel of a pub. Living in Nottingham MD, I call this my sister city !

Reviewed December 18, 2013

What can i say, the surroundings are comfortable and interesting, the food is superb, we both had the rib eye steak that was superbly cooked all washed down with excellent cask ales, the staff were very friendly as were the locals, overall a great experience.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is a must visit if you are in Nottingham and well worth it. The building is amazing with so many interesting features and the ambiance was good but I'm a lover of modern comforts so a draft on my shoulders didn't do it for me. The food was very ordinary . But am I glad I visited yes without a doubt would I go back why not but be realistic. The staff are charming and this is all part of English History.