“My second trip to "The Trip"”

Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem
Ranked #1 of 141 Nightlife in Nottingham
Baltimore
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“My second trip to "The Trip"”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was actually my second visit to "The Trip" this year as I've been to Nottingham twice on business. I know that there are several pubs that claim that they are the oldest, but this one which is built below the castle and into I guess you could call a small cliff has a great atmosphere. I have to admit that I was there for liquid refreshment only so I didn't get a chance to sample the food. I was impressed with the selection of ales. My favorites were the Abbot Ale and the Old Speckled Ale. During my first visit we drank in the courtyard. You need to go through the rooms which is a cave in the side of the cliff. The ambience is unique and is perfect for sitting down with your friends and having a few ales.

If you're in Nottingham, you need to stop in and see this jewel of a pub. Living in Nottingham MD, I call this my sister city !

• Finnish first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“"Superb"”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

What can i say, the surroundings are comfortable and interesting, the food is superb, we both had the rib eye steak that was superbly cooked all washed down with excellent cask ales, the staff were very friendly as were the locals, overall a great experience.

Worcester, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Why Not”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is a must visit if you are in Nottingham and well worth it. The building is amazing with so many interesting features and the ambiance was good but I'm a lover of modern comforts so a draft on my shoulders didn't do it for me. The food was very ordinary . But am I glad I visited yes without a doubt would I go back why not but be realistic. The staff are charming and this is all part of English History.

New Delhi, India
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“A must visit in Nottingham”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

A pub dating back centuries, and in a cave? What more does one want when it comes to atmosphere!! Beautiful pub with some great local ales (and mulled wine if you are in during December/January), great pub food (especially their pulled pork) and nice deep chairs. Ticks all the boxes

Visited January 2013
Wolverhampton
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“What a gem”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is another pub where you can go into the caves. Unfortuantely when we visited, we did not go down the caves as the trips have to be booked in advance. This place was rammed with people which goes to show how popular it is.

The food was very good. We had a platter of mini burgers and pulled pork with chips for just under £10.00 The bar staff were very good, especially the chap with the surfer - type hair who sounded Australian. He was very polite and efficent and knew exactly who was next in line to be served at the bar.

Very quirky pub, which has a museum and gift shop upstairs. There is also small room marked 'haunted snug' .

Visited November 2013