“Good fun!! Something different!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Lost City
Ranked #10 of 57 Fun & Games in Nottingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ever wanted to be a real life Indiana Jones? Here's your chance! The Lost City is a fun, interactive adventure for everyone and challenges you to 'putt' your skills to the test in our Inca-themed rainforest. Challenge your team to play amid a thunder and lightning storm on our "carpeted" greens, avoid the crush of our venomous 23 foot animatronic snake, risk the jaws of our snap happy alligator, and witness talking idols and rumbling walls. Both courses have been designed to be wheelchair user friendly so all adventurers can play! Plus, if you can keep a steady nerve to the end and satisfy our Sacred Skull or Temple God - much Inca Gold will come your way......
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Nottingham, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good fun!! Something different!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

There were six of us playing all 36 holes, our ages range from 27 to 30. We all had a really good time, it was nice to do something a little bit different. The course was a bit busy at times so we had to wait for people to move on fist but that can't really be helped, the staff do try to minimise the hold ups with the rules they have in place (no more than 4 to a group etc).
Overall we had a fun few hours before retreating to the pub. Definitely go again.

Nottingham
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Good fun but could be improved”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my other half as we had seen it advertised and I had spoken at great length about how I loved the crazy golf courses in America (big pirate ships and moving obstacles, etc) and this looked similar. I'd not seen anything like this in the UK, so was keen to give it a go.On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly staff member who told us how to play. We chose one of the two courses. It was good fun, but unfortunately didn't live up to expectations. Most holes involved something quite straightforward like hitting the ball up a slight incline or round a corner - quite repetitive. There were very few obstacles which would be really easy to add in. I wasn't really sure about the themes either..our course didn't really live up to its name and just seemed like some golf courses amidst palm trees - again, something that more themed obstacles could probably fix.
Overall, we had fun though it was a bit pricey for what it actually was. We'd probably go back and try out the other course but would only become regular visitors if they added some obstacles and made it more of a challenge.

1 Thank Starlet001
Ilkeston, United Kingdom
“Fab break from reality :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

What can I say?! We heard about this place from a friend after I had mentioned how hard it is to find somewhere to go which would please both a 17 yr old and a 13 yr old, and which I would also enjoy too. Well...we were not disappointed! From the minute we walked in the staff on 'reception' were friendly and gave us our score cards and explained everything to us. We chose to do the 36 hole course as we had been told in a phone call to The Lost City that 1 'game' would only last 45 mins. Although I did feel the cost was a little expensive, it was worth it to have a treat and it was my only day off in the last four months. I would probably keep an eye out for any offers/deals in the future. We grabbed our golf clubs and balls, made our way down the escalators, and placed our coats in the free lockers (we like 'free' lol). The ambience of this lovely place is fantastic and reminded us of our time in Florida. Along with the lovely company of my kids, we also enjoyed the tropical, Indiana Jones style decor and the background music. There were also some laughs along the course from the voice-overs but I wont spoil it for you on here. It took us around 1.5 hours to complete the 2 courses. I would've loved a coffee at the end but I could only see cold drinks for sale (there is an area to sit down near the entrance and people watch, and I have been assured that there IS a coffee machine). All in all we had a fab time and I will definitely recommend this to family and friends (but will be trying to save up before we return). Thank you for opening something so different in Nottingham!! :)

nottingham
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

The kind of place you go to, just so you know not to make the same mistake again.
I can see for a group this might be better placed but I went with my 6yr old son to see what the new 'attraction' would bring.
We chose to do 18 holes for £11 so not bad and for the few pleasantries that were exchanged during the transaction were fair enough. We were given a scorecard, clubs and balls an pencil. The money seemed to be put into the finished product of the scorecard I'm afraid to say. Now firstly, I do have to say that the escalators going down go at quite a quick pace and for my son who is usually quite confident had the **** scared out of him when he set foot on it that I had to go back up and help him down again.
The positives is that there are lockers where you can store personal items that are not coin operated. If you're doing 18 holes then you pick a side - Skulls vs Temple. We chose Temple only because there was nobody there. All in all, the course seems poorly finished with the 'green' not fitted properly and this may be picky but for a new attractionI would expect a better finish. Similar to other feedback, I found the course was straight forward and we were done in 20mins (but remember there was only me and my son). Inbetween these courses, there were random voices and also artificial lightening and thunder which some kids might actually find scary. Unfortunately disappointed with the visit and don't think I'd be going back there again until some improvements are made.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent bit of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

4 of us came to Nottingham last weekend, there was a LOT of bars and food places to go to in the city center. We were looking for a something else to do, this fitted the bill. A bit of fun, not crappy Blackpool crazy golf.... Apparently its its not the same thing, its called Adventure Golf, who knows some American thing I'm sure.... I think a good bit of work went into it, I wish my garden looked as good!!!!

P.S. And yes I have to admit I did win :) Hence the review! HA!