“Very disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Barburrito
Ranked #197 of 1,395 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nottingham
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I absolutely love burritos so couldn't wait for this place to open. I finally got round to visiting, only to wish I'd not bothered.

The service was ok and the staff took their time to explain the ordering system and the types of fillings etc that I could have.

It was the actual food that I was so disappointed with. It was not well presented- dumped in a plastic basket, wrapped in tin foil which made eating it very difficult and messy. The burrito itself was dry and boring, especially in comparison to others I've eaten elsewhere else.

I also thought it was overpriced for what I had- even with student discount.

Won't be visiting again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

“Best burrito in Nottingham!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I've been waiting for a barburrito to open in Nottingham for ages, after getting hooked on them visiting Manchester. We visited on a Sunday, very quiet and no queue. The food here is really good! After reading other reviews on here I can only say that the prices are clearly displaid if you are having extras, they are optional and you could juat ask the staff, they were really helpful on my visit.

2 Thank thesimdude
“Nice burritos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Love this very small chain, nice environment, quick food with natural ingredients.

Food is tasty, options for mild, medium or spicy and choice of fillings. Quick and hassle free lunch. Will be back.

Note that the guacamole price IS shown above the counter, the reviewer below must have missed it.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jimbo1683
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Overpriced, mediocre food, bad attitude - another bad chain establishment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

New to Nottingham but unlikely to last long. Looks good and comfortable environment. Was drawn in by an opening offer handed to us on the door of any Burrito for £4. Basically how it works (according to the banner above the counter) you 1) choose a dish (Burrito, burrito bowl, tacos or nachos 2) choose a filling (pork, beef, chicken or vegetable) 3) choose a salsa. To add tortillas and bottomless soda costs you £1.99 extra. So we were a bit surprised to be asked for £15.50. This is because the guacamole was £0.75 extra per person (note not mentioned on the banner!!) Still doesn't add up to £15.50 though does it?? When we questioned this we got the response 'Why are you complaining - you just got a double discount' We did?? Nice attitude for a new establishment. Would be nice if they could get the prices right and not add in hidden extras - after all this is just another fast food joint. Food was OK - but not worth the cost. We will certainly not be returning and if you do decide to go despite this advice - watch what they try to charge you!!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Nott's first burrito bar disappoints”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I was excited about Nottingham getting a burrito bar; but I was pretty disappointed. My burrito was luke warm and my wife's taco was just so lazily thrown together, she refilled them herself. Though I like the canteen style cobbling together the choices for your order, it's off putting being offered lots of extras accompanied with their cost, it seems really cheap.

The food didn't have a particularly strong taste and wasn't as filling as I'd expected. I did like the decor and the look of the bar is well finished, there were plenty of seats despite it being pretty busy (opening weekend).

Visited June 2013