“OK but nothing special”

Cuisines: American, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very friendly and polite staff, smart decor but food nothing special. Some odd mixtures, admittedly I didn't read the menu properly, I expected a pulled pork burger to be just that, rather than the bizarre combination of pork topped burger. My daughter's chilli burger arrived without the chilli sauce. Quickly brought this in a separate dish, but it was uninspiring and bland.

As previous reviewer said, didn't ask how we wanted burgers cooking, he would probably have been happy with my charred burger!

I'm sure it will do well because of the location but I won't be going back

Reviewed June 24, 2013

having stopped visiting Fellicini a longtime ago after always being disappointed i decide to check this place out about a week after it opened. Popped in after work, just before 7pm (when the special finishes) this wasnt pointed out to us when we were seated but probably could have been. i spotted it myself on the menu. I think we ordered at a few minutes past. i had called earlier in the day to book a table but was told to just pop along and they would find us a table as soon as possible. I had my reservations but we were seated straight away at a large table towards the back of the restaurant. We were excited to see the menu (and hoped it wasnt just burgers as i had read in press) as we went to America for the first time in April on honeymoon and enjoyed some of the traditional food. We ordered the crispy pulled pork to start (between us) which came with a lovely salad but for me was slightly over done as it was too crispy at times. we both had slowed braised beef chilli with corn bread for main which i thought was beautiful but there was no kick to it at all which was disappointing as it said chilli not stew! Good portion sizes we were stuffed so didn't order dessert but i have my eye on one for next time and would also like to try a couple of the dishes on the specials. We had a glass of red (its not obvious that you can order small glasses so watch that if you are driving for example) and a pint of beer and it came to around £40 with tip. I think it was better than average but could be improved, wouldn't stop me going again but i wasn't wowed. Staff that served us was a very nice chap.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This used to be fellicini in west Bridgford which was overpriced and not so good.

We visited today and truly enjoyed the whole experience. Looking forward to returning.

I would recommend

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went as a group of 4 and we all walked away disappointed. Pick up on the points already mentioned about the 2 course special being underwhelming and not including desserts. Food was overly salty, burgers cooked rare (without asking customers if that was to liking, it wasn't), £12 for a burger and fries you would expect salad or slaw, as per other restaurants popping up in notts, but no.

Also, condiments in a dog bowl?! Really? No thanks

If you want a decent inventive burger at a competitive price, go to Annie's at the Navigation

1  Thank tom f
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We live locally and weren't particularly impressed with the previous incarnation of this restaurant. It suffered from poor food and even worse service.

Since re-branding, they have at least tried to address the service and I could't really find fault. However, it is not entirely clear what this new restaurant is trying to be: with a name like Mud Crab pacifico surely a sea food restaurant? No. With its incohesive menu, it's currently trying to be every thing to everyone. New York bistro? Mid west burger diner? Pizza joint? Italian?

With a slightly tenuous (at best) makeover, I think West Bridgford has been sold a restaurant that at it's heart is still essentially Felicini, and all the pulled pork burgers in the world can't make up for that.

I would still suggest that Mud Crab is worth a visit, as the portion sizes make it worthwhile. However, with a little bit more thought and care from the owners, this place could have excelled as a destination.