“Unique pub”

Pit and Pendulum
Ranked #192 of 1,273 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A devilishly dark and mysterious world, a hollow in the belly of Nottingham: The Pit & Pendulum. Wickedly good drinks, sinfully tempting food, and an atmosphere to die for...
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I'd only ever been to Pit and Pendulum for drinks before but wanted to take my visiting mother for a meal there due to the completely unique atmosphere in this pub. The decor is brilliant. It feels like you're in a dungeon and the toilets being behind a secret door in the bookcase is the best feature. I was amazed by the food at Pit and Pendulum because I imagined it to be very basic due to its main attraction being its place in Nottingham's nightlife scene, however the menu was extensive and the food was truly delicious and unbelievably good value, especially with my tastecard. Not that many places accept the tastecard so this just adds to Pit and Pendulum's good points. I couldn't manage a pudding but I must say they looked fantastic and I hope to have one in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We love seeing and visiting different places, rather than the "run of the mill pub chains" so this was right up our street. We did not eat here but spent the night out with mates. The music is the rock and metal variety with a very "Gothic" appearance

The best feature are the hidden toilets, we managed to get the table by the door to the toilets and had so much fun watching people trying to find them - hilarious!!

The drinks and variety of cocktails and shorts are brilliant and at a great price - the fishbowls are just over £6 and there are test tube shorts for £1.50 each, what a bargain

The bar staff were very friendly and the DJ was brilliant. I could not recommend this place more, we have been 3 times now and we live in Leeds. We only go to Nottingham to go here for a night out with our friends and we will be back again!!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had a great evening there. Really different type of pub, good drinks and the late night menu is good value

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I love going to this bar! Whenever I visit friends in Nottingham I have to go here. The whole theme and décor is amazing, very gothic and cool. I love the music played, it's hard to find a great rock pub who really ROCK. The service is always friendly in a genuine way, like the staff are happy to be there. The food is good quality and reasonably priced. They have all sorts of food deals and challenges. The cocktails are good and for a really mad night out, try the seven deadly sins challenge, all seven cocktails off the deadly sins list!
I recommend going to find the toilets hidden in the bookcase a few minutes before you get desperate as it could take you a while to find them. My tip? Walk straight at the bookcase with your hand out in a confident manner a la platform 9 3/4 as though you knew where the door was all along. (Or just loiter until you see someone emerge through it). If you like Teen boy bands and a bright airy atmosphere, probably not for you.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great little place in Nottingham. It offers something a little different to the chain pubs around the city. Food is alright too! Can't complain. Watching people trying to find the toilets is always excellent entertainment ;)

Tip: toilets are along the bookcase wall, far right!

1  Thank Lauren D