“What a great place to visit, very different (in a good way)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pit and Pendulum
Ranked #135 of 1,395 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Leeds, United Kingdom
“What a great place to visit, very different (in a good way)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We love seeing and visiting different places, rather than the "run of the mill pub chains" so this was right up our street. We did not eat here but spent the night out with mates. The music is the rock and metal variety with a very "Gothic" appearance

The best feature are the hidden toilets, we managed to get the table by the door to the toilets and had so much fun watching people trying to find them - hilarious!!

The drinks and variety of cocktails and shorts are brilliant and at a great price - the fishbowls are just over £6 and there are test tube shorts for £1.50 each, what a bargain

The bar staff were very friendly and the DJ was brilliant. I could not recommend this place more, we have been 3 times now and we live in Leeds. We only go to Nottingham to go here for a night out with our friends and we will be back again!!

• Visited October 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great for people watching”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had a great evening there. Really different type of pub, good drinks and the late night menu is good value

Visited October 2013
Saint Neots, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I love going to this bar! Whenever I visit friends in Nottingham I have to go here. The whole theme and décor is amazing, very gothic and cool. I love the music played, it's hard to find a great rock pub who really ROCK. The service is always friendly in a genuine way, like the staff are happy to be there. The food is good quality and reasonably priced. They have all sorts of food deals and challenges. The cocktails are good and for a really mad night out, try the seven deadly sins challenge, all seven cocktails off the deadly sins list!
I recommend going to find the toilets hidden in the bookcase a few minutes before you get desperate as it could take you a while to find them. My tip? Walk straight at the bookcase with your hand out in a confident manner a la platform 9 3/4 as though you knew where the door was all along. (Or just loiter until you see someone emerge through it). If you like Teen boy bands and a bright airy atmosphere, probably not for you.

• Visited September 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Epic rock bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great little place in Nottingham. It offers something a little different to the chain pubs around the city. Food is alright too! Can't complain. Watching people trying to find the toilets is always excellent entertainment ;)

Tip: toilets are along the bookcase wall, far right!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lauren D
“Great atmosphere spoilt by poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

The decor of this pub is fantastic; my favorite part being the toilets ( they are disguised by a bookcase!). However, upon entering the bar, the service was less than pleasing. Contextually, I look younger than I am but even so, I wasn't ordering an alcoholic beverage and was surprised to be asked for ID just to enter the bar. Nonetheless, I respect the pub's policy and would have been happy to leave and come back another time with proof of my age... BUT it was the manner of the woman serving myself and my mother that I found incredibly rude and for that reason, it is unlikely that I would return.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank laurenemilycherry
Danny W, General Manager at Pit and Pendulum, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hi, I am sorry to hear you visit was not to your satisfaction.

We do have a strictly over 18 policy which is on both entrances, and we operate a challenge 21 policy where by anyone that appears to be under 21 will automatically be asked for identification.

We do allow under 18's in only when booked in and request that they have left the premises by 6.30pm.