“Interesting and good value”
Review of Govinda's Vegetarian Restaurant - CLOSED

Govinda's Vegetarian Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went their with my wife and 2 children recently. One big advantage is that under 5's (I think!) eat free, which is a great way to introduce kids to curry flavors.

I had buffet and was very happy with the dishes: Bean curry was great, as was the Dhal soup, a coconut milk curry was OK, and the 2 rice dishes were fine. The poppadoms were OK, but the "salad" was a bit dull. The dessert was not to my taste!

My wife had the Mexican burger and I was glad I had the buffet! ;-)

The atmosphere and style were interesting/different and I would recommend it for a casual/cheap lunch venue.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had heard/read great things about this place and thought we'd try it. My veggie husband gets really annoyed by the lack of veggie choice at most eateries so he was really looking forward to this. We went at the weekend but ended up leaving straight away because there was only the buffet on offer (apart from soup) and the buffet had 2 pretty plain rice dishes and one curry. We did get there at about 4 but if a cafe says they're open til 6, then there should be a full buffet available til that time. Really disappointed.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

At last a cafe with real choices of vegan food! They say its vegetarian as well but the day I was there 90% of the food was vegan and tasty as well. Am I going again? You bet I am!

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We visited Govinda's in Nottingham for lunch having seen the great reviews. We were so glad we did. The place is bright, simple and clean. There is an uncomplicated menu with the main act being an as-much-as-you-can-eat buffet. Great flavours and very fresh. The owner was very 'present' and gave us all discounted prices for our first visit plus 10% discount vouchers. This made our lunch ridiculously good value! We will definitely be revisiting Govinda. Cheap prices but quality food.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

If you like vegetables that have been cooked for what looked and tasted like a day this is the place to eat. Eat as much as you like buffet , there were only two dishes to choose from. Four if you include two types of stodgy rice. How much broccoli mush can one eat! Really disappointed.