“Peanut butter mooshake heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hartleys Coffee & Sandwich Bar
Ranked #8 of 1,395 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hartleys Coffee & Sandwich Bar is located in the independent area of Nottingham City Centre called Hockley. You can usually identify Hartleys with the cow (called Mable) outside. It is on the corner of Broad Street, close to Broadway Cinema. We have seating inside and outside and are open 7 days a week. The aim is to cater for everyone regardless of diet including Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian and Halal. Homemade cakes, Fairtrade coffee, Gluten Free Sandwiches and Snacks. Hot and Cold Food.
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Peanut butter mooshake heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

What a great spot for a friendly, informal, tasty treat. Situated in the vintage area of the city centre Hartley's is perfect for a break. Of the three of us, one has a gluten-free diet so Hartley's is perfect for that. However, there's plenty of joy on offer for others too. Being a huge fan of peanut butter, and long of the opinion that it is an overlooked ingredient in cafes and restaurants, imagine my delight to see on the chalkboard menu, 'peanut butter mooshake' (milkshake)! Superb. And what a pint of nutty delight it was too: lunch in a cup! The staff, as before, were relaxed, friendly, informative, and efficient. The seating is fine and there are good views into the street to watch the people flow by. I'll be going back when I next visit Nottingham.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn H, Owner at Hartleys Coffee & Sandwich Bar, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Hi, Thank you for your review and we hope you enjoyed your time in Nottingham. So pleased that you enjoyed your Peanut Butter Mooshake! - You will have to try one of our Peanut Butter Chocolate Muffins to go with it - delicious! We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Nottingham. Thanks again.,

• Polish first
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“A real understanding of gluten free”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

This place really understands what gluten free means and has separate equipment and preparation areas. All gluten free food is kept wrapped so cross contamination is prevented. So a celiac's dream really. I had a panini for the first time, it didn't live up to the dream but that was more due to the bread manufacture. I don't think we are quite there with a substitute bread. I took a group of friends but it isn't really set up for sitting and chatting. If it had been warm enough to sit outside then I think that would have worked well or if you are a couple of people that would also work well. The staff are lovely, helpful and friendly and the food is good. And if you are celiac it is definitely a place to visit.

Visited April 2014
Thank you for so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor we really appreciate it and take on board all comments made.. Our aim is to cater for everyone regardless of diet and hope that we achieve that. We hope to see you again in the future, especially in the summer months with the outside seating. Thanks
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Gluten & Dairy Free choice, lovely service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

As a mother of two young, gluten free children its very difficult to find not only places where we can all go out to eat together, but places that don't break the bank as unfortunately gluten free food tends to be a little pricier. Hartleys definitely ticked both of these boxes.

A friend of mine who is a regular suggested Hartleys to me and this weekend I finally got around to trying it out; it was a wonderful, clean establishment with caring, attentive staff that were very sensitive to my children's dietary needs. The amount of choice of not only hot food but cakes(yum!) was astounding; we're used to having a very limited selection when eating out but not here, practically everything on the menu had a gluten free option.

The cherry on top of our visit was the mini hot chocolates they made for the kids, (my children are 4 and 6 so they can't manage a grown up size!) only a £1.00 and they were presented lovely in cute little cups with cream on top, a great treat to finish the visit.

We will definitely be returning to try out everything else on the menu :)

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate it, and please keep on telling your friends and family about us too!. We look forward to seeing you again.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Very tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Visited by random after the place we were aiming for was closed; very glad we did. Food is really nice and well priced, range of coffee is adequate but well made. Highly recommended.

Thank you for visiting us, we are so pleased that the other place was closed and that you found us! - We look forward to seeing you again. We really appreciate your review.
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Amazing gluten free choice and friendly service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I would definitely recommend Hartley's to anyone looking for a delicious lunch/coffee stop in Nottingham!
Firstly, I don't think they normally let you book tables but because it was for Mother's Day they reserved a table for me and my family. They were so friendly and helpful, it was a lovely experience.
Great value for money and the food was delicious! But the BEST thing for me was the sheer choice of gluten-free foods... As a coeliac I often find it a hassle trying to find anywhere to eat lunch, as not many places know what it is and don't provide much choice. Hartley's had the best gluten free provision I've seen in a sandwich shop, and I struggled to pick because there were so many options! This is not normally an issue I have to deal with!
We had such a lovely lunch there, I can't wait to go back and try out all of the different options :)

GO THERE, you won't regret it!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn H, Owner at Hartleys Coffee & Sandwich Bar, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Hello, Thank you for your lovely review - we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit and the choice of food available for you. We hope to see you again soon. Many Thanks