“Fantastic. Would highly recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hartleys Coffee & Sandwich Bar
Ranked #8 of 1,395 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hartleys Coffee & Sandwich Bar is located in the independent area of Nottingham City Centre called Hockley. You can usually identify Hartleys with the cow (called Mable) outside. It is on the corner of Broad Street, close to Broadway Cinema. We have seating inside and outside and are open 7 days a week. The aim is to cater for everyone regardless of diet including Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian and Halal. Homemade cakes, Fairtrade coffee, Gluten Free Sandwiches and Snacks. Hot and Cold Food.
“Fantastic. Would highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had my first of what will be many visits to hartleys today after coming across it by chance. I went in like an over excited child at the thought of actually getting something decent to eat whilst doing a spot of shopping. When i went in the staff were extremely friendly and went above and beyond to help me with my dietary requirements. The owner even took time to tell me of other good gluten free places to eat which was very welcome information. I was even more pleased to actually have a sandwich that tasted like a tuna salad sandwich and not tuna wrapped in cardboard! The jammy dodgers were lovely as well... Just wish i bought more as i ate the lot in one go lol!. I would recommend to anyone with or without special dietary requirements.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn H, Owner at Hartleys Coffee & Sandwich Bar, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and help us promote Hartleys, it is really appreciated. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you gain soon. Thanks from Dawn & Kevin Hartley along with the rest of team Hartleys.

• Polish first
Papplewick, null, United Kingdom
“My Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This place is my Haven- when I started college as a startled little mouse, I nipped in to calm my nerves and was welcomed with open arms! This is what has taken me back time and time again, the staffs ability to chill you out is outstanding. Such wonderful, inviting vibes and lovely conversations with the staff! Everything is such good value for money, cheaper than the big chain branches but not tacky. I spend all of my spare time and money here, they brighten up my worst days and it's such a delightful place to be. I've recently gone veggie and don't have to change where I go because they have so many veggie and vegan options, but I will really miss their divine ham and cheese bagels! With the student discount, loyalty cards, the nice location and the amazing people, I can honestly say there is no place I'd rather be. I'd recommend going out of your way to visit and try some of the amazing things on offer. I can't say enough about the staff- real life conversations, (rather than boring chit-chat) thorough service and complete dedication makes Hartleys the place to be! make sure you get in there and grab a luxury hot chocolate! My fave treat at the end of a stressful day.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and help us promote Hartleys, it is really appreciated. We are delighted that you enjoy visiting us and having a chat. We always look forward to seeing you gain. Thanks from Dawn & Kevin Hartley along with the rest of team Hartleys.
“Great for coeliacs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Heard about Hartley's via the local coeliac grapevine. The woman who runs it with her husband is gluten free and dairy free. They have a fine selection of gluten and dairy free cakes and an easy to see at a glance labelling system. They are also committed to sourcing locally where possible and fair trade where not. I had GF battenburg which was a real blast from the past and a lovely afternoon treat. I will return to sample their GF pancakes, paninis and soup.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and help us promote Hartleys, it is really appreciated. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and found that you have choice despite having a restricted diet. We look forward to seeing you gain soon. Thanks from Dawn & Kevin Hartley along with the rest of team Hartleys.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Best things come in small packages.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Started going for convenience, continue to go for the service.

A small team of lovely staff that cant do enough for you. Good coffee and great cake.

What more do you want?

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I'd been meaning to eat there for ages, so finally got round to it today, as I've recently gone vegan. Not to sound cliche, but I find it hard to find nice vegan food when I'm out. That changed today! Me and my best friend went at about 3pm, so is wasn't busy but wasn't dead, which was nice. There was plenty of vegan choices, as well as meat, vegetarian and gluten free options. They were more than happy to recommend things and let me try the soup and the soya cheese before I ordered. The soup was leek and potato, which was amazing, so I had to order that. The cheese was also really nice, so I ordered a vegan cheese and tomato toastie, which was available in white or brown bread and friend ordered a chicken, bacon, tomato and lettuce roll. We took a seat, didn't have to wait long at all and my soup was served in a heart dish which I thought was cute. My friend's roll was huge and had a decent portion of chicken and bacon in it. The salad looked fresh, compared to other cafes/restaurants and she said it was really tasty. My toastie was amazing, the soya cheese was melted (I find it hard to find vegan cheese that actually melts) and there were big slices of fresh tomato in too. My soup was lovely, which I was told was made by Kevin (if I remember rightly), and they gave me a sachet of salt or pepper to add to taste.

Overall, the staff were really friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was nice and relaxed so it was a perfect place to catch up/hang out with friends, the food was amazing and I was told it was also locally sourced etc. I highly recommend coming here, especially if you are vegetarian or vegan as they have plenty of choices that all sound really nice- from salads and houmous, to rolls and toasties.

I WILL DEFINITELY BE EATING AT HARTLEYS AGAIN AS I LEFT AS ONE HAPPY CUSTOMER! :D

1 Thank holly m
Dawn H, Owner at Hartleys Coffee & Sandwich Bar, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort to write a review and tell us what you think of Hartleys. We really appreciate it and it does make a difference. We are so pleased that you have found us and that there was enough choice for you. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again from Dawn & Kevin Hartley, and the rest of the Hartley Team,