De Vere Orchard Hotel
$82
$69
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$76
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Nottingham(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$70
$132
$61
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
P and J Hotel(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$82
Ibis Nottingham Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
$72
$55
Agoda.com
Colwick Hall Hotel(Nottingham)
TripAdvisor
1,638 results
All reviewsuniversity campuseco hotelthe east midlands conference centremodern hotelconference hotelwalk in showerattending a conferencefree wifibar areaexecutive roombar menubuffet breakfasttea and coffeestayed for one nightlovely roomcomfy bedfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

It would be all too easy to focus on the new hotel, architecture and surroundings but I was most impressed by the staff. We had our annual management conference and the dinner service both evenings was of the highest standard. The staff were friendly and eager to help. Downsides - a shower head (459) which wouldn't stay still, no room service breakfast dangles for the second night and a room phone that only wanted to ring 4402 no matter what number I rang. But these were niggles. Would stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lossit
Lasse H, General Manager at De Vere Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great review for both the hotel and conference centre.

Wishing you the very best,

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

From start to finish this hotel impressed me.

The check in was swift and I was even able to organise a late check out free of charge.

The room was big and spacious, modern decor, all the amenities you expect in a great hotel.

The bathroom was great, very clean and great layout. Like another reviewer I liked the device that advised when you'd used enough water (I also ignored this). Fantastic rain style shower.

Breakfast had a wide variety of good quality food which you can pay for each morning or in advance.

The reception staff were more than happy to organise the taxis I needed throughout my stay and were friendly throughout.

Checkout was also a quick process.

Overall a fantastic stay, I will be returning when I'm next in Nottingham.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JamieRu

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great review. I do hope you come back and visit us again.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed May 7, 2014

A little late in writing this, but I stayed at the De Vere Orchard Hotel in Nottingham in August 2013 as part of a business/training trip which entailed staying overnight.

Check-In:
Quick and painless. Lots of car parking spaces, the grounds were clean and well cared for as was the reception area. The staff were great; friendly and helpful. They realised we were there for training and made us aware of where our conference room was located so we didn't have to search for it in the morning. We were also able to book our table for dinner whilst checking in which made things very easy for us.

Rooms:
Absolutely wonderful. The decor was fab - greenery and woodlands in a very modern design. The room was clean and spacious, the bed and linen very comfortable. The room contained a flat screen TV, tea/coffee making facilities and a good hair dryer. The bathroom was lovely - clean, fresh, spacious. The shower even had a water saving device which alerts you to when it thinks you've been in there too long (needless to say I ignored it!).

Dinner:
Very, very good. We went for the fixed menu and were pleasantly surprised. They use a tablet to order your wine so that you can peruse the wines available at your leisure. The portions were just right and delicious! Waiting staff were very friendly and knowledgeable of what was on offer and obviously enjoyed working there.

Breakfast:
Yummy! On offer was a full English breakfast, cereals, toast/jam, juice, teas/coffees. All of which was well presented and served buffet-style. A great start to the day!

Conference Facillities:
As mentioned, we were there as a business/training day and our trainers had opted to use the hotel's conference facilities. Tea/coffee were readily available and sweets, pads and pens were provided by the hotel within the training room. I believe our trainers provided the laptops, but we were all connected and had no issues with the IT whilst we were there. Aircon within the room was within our control and we had a very productive day.

Lunch:
Again; a pattern was emerging! This De Vere was obvioulsy very good at catering! Having been used to curly sarnies for these kinds of trips, it was a breath of fresh air to receive pasta, salad, warm bread.... and desserts! And I don't just mean "sweets", I mean actual desserts - so good!

Check Out:
Again, quick and painless!

As we only stayed overnight and didn't explore the surroundings, I cannot comment on it's location/local amenities etc but I would absolutely recommend this hotel - Very modern and flash but the staff are so friendly and approachable, the facilities are great and the food is amazing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sezco1981
Lasse H, General Manager at De Vere Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and fantatsic review. I do hope that if you are choosing Nottingham for a leisure break that you consider choosing the Orchard Hotel

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

The staff were so friendly and Nikki on reception was fantastic. The hotel is fab and the rooms are amazing beat night sleep I've had in a long time. Totally recommend to anyone and will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Lasse H, General Manager at De Vere Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great review with some wonderful comments. I do hope that when you are next in Nottingham you come and stay with us.

Once again it was a pleasure and thank you,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This Hotel is situated in lovely surroundings next to the University Campus. The room was very comfortable and we slept well due to the blackout curtains. Breakfast was good value at £8.50 each. It's a couple of miles from the City and it was very convenient to use reasonably priced taxis. If you have time definitely visit the beautiful gardens to the rear of the Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple