De Vere Orchard Hotel
$62
$66
$63
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$62
$70
$63
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Ibis Nottingham Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$50
$49
1,655 results
All reviewsuniversity campuseco hotelthe east midlands conference centremodern hotelconference hotelwalk in showerattending a conferencefree wifibar areaexecutive roombar menubuffet breakfasttea and coffeestayed for one nightlovely roomcomfy bedfull english
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here last Friday night and the hotel and room were lovely, very modern and new. So we'd highly recommend the accommodation. However, the overall rating takes into account our experience of the restaurant which was far from good. The menu was pricey, which is to be expected for a hotel restaurant but be very careful what you order - do not order the scallops or the salmon unless you want to spend a lot and still end up hungry at the end of it. 2 scallops and 2 fennel leaves for £9. Followed by the smallest salmon fillet possible and nothing else other than garnish for £13. Thankfully the waiter had suggested that I order a side dish (£3) as the main focus was (and I quote) "a large piece of salmon" and not much else. Well, my heart sank when I saw my main course delivered and I wished I ordered chips rather than steamed veg as my side. Even the kale and tomato supposedly accompanying the salmon was a mere garnish - not worth a mention on the menu. I was so gutted (hungry) by the end of it that I could've cried! My partner and I eat out regularly and don't mind paying that bit extra but this was just taking the michael. We fed back our thoughts to our waiter when he collected our dishes, but despite reassurances he would feed our points back, that was the last we heard of it. Would not recommend, will never eat there again.

6  Thank ninjha
Lasse H, General Manager at De Vere Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and honesty. I would like to take the opportunity to respond to the areas you have highlighted.

Bramleys Brassrie is priced matched against various dining options in Nottingham, including stand alone restaurants and options available in hotels in the city centre. I am passionate about the style and quality of food we have and believe that the modern cuisine, portion size, quality of food is value for money for the style of service and the environment for which it is served in.

There is a £1.00 price differential in a seabass dish served in a popular chain located next to a budget hotel chain and the quality of food can not be compared to the Salmon Dish we serve.

Clearly we have failed to meet your expectations and for this i can only apologise. I just wanted to respond on behalf of the hotel to ensure there is a balanced view.

I do hope that you will use the hotel again when you are next in Nottingham.

Wishing you all the very best,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have just returned from a very nice weekend stay at this hotel, new to the de vere venues collection of hotels, in fact so new that there is still the odd bit of finishing works being carried out but do not let that put you off as minimal noise and no builders were around outside over the weekend we were there. The hotel is located at Nottingham University Park Campus, and the Conference centre is a stroll across the road. The surroundings are very green and you are free to walk around all of the university park and gardens, a very informative map and layout can be picked up from reception.
The car park is free to guests and extra space to the rear of the hotel if the front area is full.
The reception area is very light and spacious with both bar and eating areas on the same floor.
Our room was very clean, with two chairs a large bed and several power points including bedside ones, which are a bonus, good sized wardrobes and a tea / coffee tray. The bathroom had a walk in large shower and thick fluffy white towels very luxurious. We hope to return at a later date when the weather is a bit warmer.

Dear Guest,

Great review which the team are delighted by. Hope you will come back and visit.

All the best,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked this through a special offer online and got upgraded to an Executive room for 2 nights. The hotel had only just finished being built and there were a few things that were not quite complete but overall the hotel was really well put together, nicely decorated, very well furnished and spotlessly clean. staff were very friendly including the receptionist, bar staff and hotel manager, they all looked happy to see us and interested in our stay with them. We plan to stay again in the future and would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying in Nottingham.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for a great review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Orchard Hotel.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

my daughter goes to the University of Nottingham.
this was a good choice for me to stay and spend a weekend with her.
The hotel is brand new, very clean. efficient staff at the check in and the restaurant and bar.

the rooms are descent in size. appropriately stocked with toiletries . Tea and coffee maker, a safe, iron with board etc.

The negative: same boring breakfast repeated ever day. albeit, the breakfast spread was good.
the Doors allow a lot of hallway noise to enter the Room. one can hear the maids talking. and if someone knocks on the next door you will be sure to go to yours to open it

The price was very reasonable.
The outdoor deck is very nice

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mohitoswal

Dear Guest,

Thank you for some great feedback. I do hope that as with all the other guests who have stayed that the hotel has a fantatsic location which allows you a quick commute to the city along with the use of the EMCC and other facilities being part of the University of Nottingham.

The doors to all the bedrooms are bespoke hand finished American Oak and there is very little noise as all rooms have a very hgh DB rating.

I do hope that you come back and visit us again.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We got a special offer to stay here for a weekend and it was a lovely hotel and the staff were very friendly. It was right next to the conference center so great for conferences and business it was quite far from Nottingham Center but there were bus routes. There are a few run by different companies so if you bought from one bus company you couldn't then use a different bus company even if it was going to exactly the same place something I completely understand but also confused this Londoner who is used to one bus company and beeping in on my oyster card. So if you don't mind catching a bus or getting a cab then it is fine. Personally I would rather stay closer for a weekend away but would definitely recommend this to business users

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I do hope that you return to stay with us, even though we are 2 miles away from the city centre.

Wishing you all the best,