“Better than you might expect and a real 'find'”

De Vere Orchard Hotel
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The organisation I am working for wanted a reliable business partner to manage the arrangements for a large number of training events, countrywide and with flexibility being key, as well as discretion.
I ran a training course here recently and DeVere are first class hosts.
Tom on the coffee bar, Richard in tge restaurant and Nicky and George, two delightful and knowledgeable waitresses did us proud. The food is first class too - it really is! No need to eat out unless you really need too.
Wifi on tap, bright airy rooms and good refreshments make it a great learner experience too. From a trainer perspective you get what you need to concentrate on your job, not the domestics!
Being new there are still some jobs needing done as finishing touches are made but other than the smell of paint you'll hardly notice.

• Stayed: January 2013
Lasse H, General Manager at De Vere Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Great comments on the team, the hotel, the offering we have and the DeVere Venues touches we have in the hotel and the meeting rooms.

Look forward to welcoming you back

All the very best,

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Have stayed here a few times and as others have commented it's lovely new hotel, great menu, friendly staff, great size rooms, great comfy beds and is a lovely relaxing place to stay.

... BUT checking out always seems to be a painful experience.

My rooms are always paid for on corporate account, but I don't think the staff are used to this as I'm always attempted to be charged for things which should go on the account (normally breakfast or parts of food allowance). Which means I'm inevitably rushing my breakfast down on the last morning of stay.

Also, when ordering a taxi and informed that I'll be notified when it arrives, I hope I am notified and not accrued £6 of taxi charges as it sits there waiting for me.

As others have also mentioned, vanity mirrors in the rooms would be cool.

Despite these annoyance, one of the best hotels in Nottingham.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Lasse H, General Manager at De Vere Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the Great Feedback. I have noted your comments and will address our shortfalls. The sample vanity mirror has arrived late on Friday and the order will be placed next week.

I do hope that you continue to use the Orchard Hotel.

Wishing you all the very best.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Moving my son into new accommodation at Nottingham Uni was a two day task, so decided to try out the new hotel on Campus. Expectations were not too high but this is the best DeVere hotel I have stayed at. Everything was new and ultra clean so obviously a good time to stay. The staff were excellent. Attentive, welcoming and obliging. Nothing was a problem. The bistro food was top notch, morning (breakfast) and evening, as were the bistro staff. We booked at the promotional weekend rate which was the added bonus for such a high standard of accommodation and service. Well done Devere and p.s. love the crockery and glasswear!! We will most definitely return, return, return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Awesome comments, i can not thank you enough. We have a dedicated rate for Students and their families who are visting the campus, please feel free to contact me personally to find out more details.

Look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here for a two night break on a Thurdsy and Friday night. A little way out of the city centre but set within a delightful university campus. There is a bar/restaurant approximately five minutes walk away called The Hemsley. I shall report separately on that .
The hotel is new so there were still minor works being carried out but not at all intrusive. The greatest assest this property posseses is it's staff. We had a couple of minor issues ( we are seasoned weekenders/ travellers with high expectations) and these were resolved immediately without issue. Five star performance from everyone. Clearly, much investment has been made in staff training. We would stay here again without hesitation. Well done DeVere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank P H

Dear Guest,

Your comments are fantastic and this reflects on the hard work we have undertaken in developing the team. Your comments will continue to motivate and drive enthusiasm into all areas of the hotel.

A big Thank You.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. From reception staff, waiting staff to workmen doing remedials. We arrived on a snowy day but a pathway had been cleared and the hotel being new was very warm. Lots of nice touches, books on shelves around seating booths, candle lit lamps on the stairs to the mezzanine level which had alfresco eating (for warmer days) and paths that were lit going round the hotel.
We had both an evening meal ans breakfast, all served in an immaculate dining room with an attractive serving area for breakfast. Food and service again was excellent.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in had only a shower however I believe some of the groundfloor rooms may have bat...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am so pleaed you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very proud of the team at the Orchard and the service we offer and this has been reflected in your comments.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed first week in January for one night, Devere special offer. £35. Amazing value for money and will be looking for future offers to stay again. Great breakfast good quality coffee. 10/10.
The Orchard is in the grounds of Nottingham University beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words, i look forrward to welcoming you back.

All the very best,

Genral Manager

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Devere were doing a deal for £20 a night for just the room last October, as I was in Nottingham for a weekend in January I thought I would try a Devere hotel for the first time.I had been able to only book a twin room but I had a member of staff ring me a few days before arriving, asking if I would like to upgrade to a double bed which would be my first preference.

I arrived, yes I had a bit of trouble finding the place and extra signage would help if your not been there before.

I was greeted very politely, the formallities carried out and I went up to my room, the entrance to the hotel is spacious and very modern with a bar and dinning area to the right of the reception.

The room was very modern clean and functional and had everything you needed including an ironing board and iron. I did notice that the paint work to the left of the bed hadn't been finish too well it looked like the 2nd coat had been put on in a hurry.

The bathroom was well amazing a walk in shower that I would like in my house :-) there was plenty of room for both my partners and my bathroom gear some hotels the bathroom are quite small, if you like a bath this isn't the hotel for you but I like showers..

I had a problem with parking on friday I went out to a fish and chip shop I knew when I got back the main carpark was full, I didn't realise until I had a look that there was a carpark to the side of the hotel until I had shoe horned my car into a space 60 yards from the hotel.

Overall I would stay at this hotel again if I was in Nottingham,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback. Dont forget to register for more of our great deals and i do hope that you come back and stay with us again.

All the very Best,