“Food AMAZING shame the hair let it down!!!”
Review of Turtle Bay

Turtle Bay
Ranked #47 of 1,414 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Turtle Bay is all about capturing the heart & soul of The Caribbean. Caribbean cooking is a patchwork quilt of colours, textures, and flavours; a multi-ethnic tapestry woven from the cuisines of Europe, Africa, and Asia. Mouth-watering hot sauces, spice rubs, fragrant marinades and cool chutneys feature in our food, to fresh hand tossed salads, spice wood jerk grills and exotically spiced one pots, perfect for sharing with friends in true Caribbean Limin’ style.
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Food AMAZING shame the hair let it down!!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked here for my birthday and what a great place!!!
Staff were friendly and relaxed cocktails were delious and menu was packed full of different flaour combinations.
We ordered a share starter and it was brilliant!!! nice and spicey and packed with flaours only little moan was a hair on the side of the plate was a little off putting but as it didnt touch the food we just left it!
Mains we had shrimp and mango wrap with fries and slaw my partner had ribs which the meat just fell off. AGAIN only let down was a hair in my wrap this time!!!
We did let them know and had a "sorry" but that was all... little more attention too keeping hair up PLEASE!!!!!
This restaurant was brilliant and we enjoyed our time there... hair let you down!!

2 Thank Lindsay N

derbyshire
“Good meal,nice atmosphere”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Really looking forward to going here,the restaurant and bar are very nice,with a good menu,the food was excellent,goat curry and brown chicken were brilliant.
Cocktails were dissappointing,they were very weak,the waitress was very good(bethan),overall a great experience and well worth it.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“One of my Favourite restaurants”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Well were do I start,I love eating at this place tried a fair amount of dishes here one of my favourite is the pulled jerk chicken burger its a must if you go! but close second is the Trinidad curry herb chicken be sure to have a glass of water if your not to good with spices the staff are excellent really friendly and very quick service made sure you was 100 percent happy also the atmosphere of the place is very lively and fun makes you want to smile being in such a environment well I could write a lot more but I'm going to keep this one short if your ever in Nottingham give this place a try you wont be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Cocktails, tasty food and dominoes”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We visited Turtle Bay on a Friday afternoon. The first thing that struck us was how friendly, helpful and efficient all the staff were. Enjoyed a relaxed hour sitting in one of the window seats drinking 2 for 1 cocktails and playing dominoes. (The dominoes are supplied by the restaurant.) We had the mixed starter platter for 2. Everything on it was good and tasty but I felt that for £12.95, it could have been a bit more generous. I had the jerk chicken with rice and beans for my main course. It was hot, spicy and moist and a good sized half chicken - really enjoyed it. My partner had the goat curry which was very tasty but the portion was small for a main course. Overall, we really enjoyed our visit, would go again (though wouldn't have the goat curry) and would recommend it.

Nottingham, England
“Friendly, helpful staff and delicious food”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We visited for a celebratory family late lunch on a weekday and were very impressed.

We had a short wait as it was full when we arrived, but there was plenty of space to sit in the bar and a good selection of drinks and cocktails. For the main meal I had jerk chicken with rice and peas, and the chicken was well spiced, juicy and delicious. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere relaxed, I'll definitely be going again.

A small plus point; we noticed the person serving us wiping down a child seat after use at the next table, ready for the next customer, although this probably should happen everywhere, it’s not something I've seen regularly in busy restaurants.

1 Thank MumblingNerd
Turtle_Bay_Notts, Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

We do like it when people like what we do. The Jerk Chicken you had is one of our most popular dishes, no doubt because of our amazing jerk marinade and sauces.

We're very glad you enjoyed our cocktail selection. We strive hard have a great choice of rum based drinks and have spent a lot of time building the cocktail list. Remember cocktails are 2'4'1 between 12 noon and 7 pm, and again from 10 pm to finish.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.