“Excellent all round 10out of 5”
Review of Dog and Duck - CLOSED

Dog and Duck
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went for a meal there last night for a 5 course meal with my partners for valentines day all I can say is that it was outstanding all round from booking the table wich they was more than helpful with getting me in on short notice. The food was excellent top mark for that and we was not waitin long for each course to come an when I ask them I hold on ten minutes to bring out the pudding they was more than happy to do so as most fine dining restaurant want you in and out but they was no rush last night and it was on one of the there busiest night of the year I can imagine... Price was not to expensive for the food and drink I was expecting it to be more for the drink than it was.

Deffentily go back again soon

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We recently moved to within a mile of this restaurant, which we tried when entertaining guests from USA. It was without a doubt one of the best dining experiences ever. The setting is superb, and the decor unique and wonderful. The food was served in a timely manner, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The quality of menu and variety of dishes was excellent. The waitress made a mistake in the order and brought an extra dish of salmon which wasn't needed, however, she said to keep it and share (which one of our American chaps was very happy with)! They also offered us free desert due to their error, which was actually in our favour.
I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anyone travelling to the Nottingham or Mansfield area.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The pub had been reccommended to us by a local couple we met at Sherwood Forest they said the pies were fantastic.

I ordered chicken and leek with stilton but it was really overcooked ( black at edge) and dry,the chips were overcooked dark brown and dry as a bone - it was a busy night 1 11 2012 and we had a long wait for our main course.
Plus points;
Our waiter was great - very friendly and efficient
Lovely pub; super decor , good menu and prices and my husband enjoyed his steak- but his chips were rock hard too.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Visited Dog and Duck whilst on a camping trip to Nottingham, from the outside I imagined the place to be a pub, however, on entering it was clear that this was no ordinary pub.

The menu was quality, with plenty of choice for all tastes, there were also a vast selection of ales, beers wines and spirits on offer too. I don't think I could write any review that would do justice to the decor or furnishings, so I'm not going to try as I'm not really an expert on such things, and it's all relevant to ones own personal taste.

The staff were well dressed, well mannered and were efficient in their work.

All in all, the place was a pleasure to visit, the food was awesome and I wouldn't hesitate to go back if I'm in the area again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

had a good carvery at this newly opened restaurant after being recomended plenty of
choice on menu with large or small meals.