“Nice meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #187 of 1,395 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Woodborough, United Kingdom
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my wife and daughter for lunch.....lovely sunny day so sat in the garden which was lovely.....starter of meats on a board plus bread was great....had the dish of the day a pasta with seafood.....as it was lunch my wife and daughter had the small portion which was TINY! I had the full portion luckily so I added from mine to theirs but it was really a MEAN PORTION! Waitress was lovely but come on Jamie....you are not cheap so serve decent size portions.....

Visited May 2013

Loughborough, UK
“AVOID”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very bad performance in terms of cuisine, customer service, and basic requirements.
Apart from the fact that in all Italian restaurants you are usually given a tablecloth, this one does not really offer any real Italian cuisine: using Italian spices and talking about the flavours in a dish does not mean serving proper Italian food.
The waiter was a nice girl who did her best but the watre glasses were stained and the napkins had holes in them, which is not at all Italian (it would be a shame for any place in Italy), nor is it anything any decent restaurant should allow.
My fish was a bit too juicy, my tiramisu not at all a turamisu (orange in tiramisu????) but the worst part was the chicken served to one of my friends: full of fat and totally undercooked. In a word: inedible. My friend left it all in her dish and when our dishes were taken away and she very politely observed that the chicken was not good, we were told they would report it to the restaurant manager. After 20 minutes (!!) the restaurant manager came to our table and instead of apologising said that the chicked was free range and therefore contained more fat. Excuse me???? Free range chicken contains LESS fat precisely because it is free range. She did not apologise for the fact that the chicken was raw and she thanked my friend for "the feedback".
We paid our bill in full, my friend was charged the raw cicken and did not even receive a proper apology.
Not at all Italian and really AWFUL. AVOID.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank arimaior
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Always a good range of food, and plenty of choice for my wheat intolerant sister in law and my lactose intolerant mother in law. They really look after us so we always go for family meals there.

• Visited January 2013
York, United Kingdom
“We EXPECT BETTER Mr Oliver! Or is it just your name you are giving to these places?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Saturday night small group of Old friends in Nottingham and ate at Jamie's. As a group of friends catching up we had a great night, you can't knock the decor and feel of Mr Olivers now nearly national chain of restaurants, especially the bathrooms! But of course the punters goes go for something else i.e. food, unfortunately again left disappointed from this chain. Amongst our order were 3 Rib Eye steaks £19.95 a shot, one was excellent the other 2 were ridiculous, you had to be a surgeon to trim the steak and cut the fat out of it. Literally half the weight of each steak was fat! The Manager came over and was really apologetic and knocked the 2 steaks off the bill and gave us 2 deserts. The waitress we had (3 weeks into her job) was excellent, but the kitchen/buyers should not be allowing this low quality meat to have entered the kitchen let alone go out! Had the waitress not been so good and the manger not done what she did we have been leaving a POOR rating!!! Come on Mr Oliver you need to get a grip on this brand, its doing you damage, these could be so so so much better, you've got all the gear...just don't seem to have an idea!!!! But we know you have so please make an intervention!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ExplorerIIYorkshire
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Ok, I expected something else..not sure what though”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I ate here with 4 members of my family and we enjoyed it. The wait was a bit excessive (almost an hour) I did think this was so you bought the ridiculously expensive drinks front the bar. The food was nice and there was a lot of new things to try on the menu.. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I felt there was something missing. We were seated on the very top floor and it didn't seem to have the same buzz about it as the rest of the restaurant, we also had to ask the waitress to come and clear the table as we were sat waiting for about 15 mins. Overall, I would eat here again, but I think I would try other restaurants first.

• Visited February 2013