“Great show and good location”

Theatre Royal & Royal Concert Hall
Ranked #5 of 124 things to do in Nottingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Theatre Royal & Royal Concert Hall are 2 first class entertainment venues in Nottingham. Come and see top West End musicals and plays, opera and ballet, pop, rock and classical music, children's shows and side-splitting comedy.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
138 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 216 helpful votes
“Great show and good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Went last night with my better half as she wanted to see "priscilla queen of the desert".

I hadn't a clue what to expect. But I really enjoyed the show.

Yes the theatre could be better organised and the air conditioning wasnt great but what do folks expect in an ageing building.

Will definately be going back to see more shows.

Rotorua, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“great show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I went to see Hairspray for my birthday a great show, but unfortunately the air conditioning was not working therefore the theatre was extremely hot. Some people left in the interval due to the heat!
We were in the upper circle and had a very good view of the stage.
disability facilities are extremely poor my mother really struggled to get up the stairs.

London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“very enjoyable theatre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My party of 3 went to see the play " 39 steps". WE enjoyed every minute of the performance.
The seats in the stalls had a great view of the stage and the seats were comfortable.
Wonderful night out.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disabled access”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Following a recent trip to the Theatre Royal Nottingham I was dismayed at the lack of disabled facilities.

Whilst I appreciate the age of the building, there have been several facelifts over the years but sadly not taking into account the disabled visitor.

When I booked the tickets I asked about the access and was told to book seats in the stalls as there was no lift. There were unfortunately no seats available in the stalls so we had to book upper circle! The stairs were a challenge with my crutches but as they are wide and sweeping I did not hold others up by my slow progress. I was relieved to reach the upper circle and after handing in our tickets I was dismayed to find I had to go up yet more steps and then horrified to find I then had to go down steps which were so steep and there was no handrail it was a real struggle for me and I appreciated the help given by other audience members. I was on an aisle seat so I had plenty of leg room the downside was I had to stand for others to pass at the interval. After a fantastic show we allowed time for many other audience members to leave before we started our journey down. I must also mention that I couldn't use the toilets as again there were steps leading up to them!

The show was fantastic and the staff were friendly and helpful but I doubt I would visit again unless I could get seats in the stalls as all the stairs are just too troublesome. I would hope that Nottingham City Council (who own the theatre) will think of the disabled next time they do a refurbishment and not just how many bottoms they can fit in seats.

2 Thank PurplePuffin
Nottingham England
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Strictly Confidential”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Amazing choreography fantastic costumes brilliant music and fantastic dancing all in all a great show