and 1 more site!
Cranbrook House Serviced Apartments
Reviewed November 28, 2013

wow, absolutely lovely! the apartment was spotlessly clean, great views, great location and the staff are friendly and very helpful. My partner and I wanted a stress free evening and that's exactly what we got. the cleaners where so friendly and helpful and everyone we spoke to on the phone had a brilliant phone manner.
The apartment had everything we needed and more the beds where comfy and had a great nights sleep. we are now planning our next stay here and would recommend Cranbook to anyone

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Anyone looking at staying here I urge you all to look elsewhere.

I had the most awful experience I have ever had whilst staying at a hotel or apartment and none of the staff , including the director, offered any apology.

I will post the email I sent below and after asking for a reply for two weeks, the directors inexcusable response:

Dear Sir/Madam

Following my stay in Number 51, Cranbrook House on Saturday 19th October, I am writing to stress how thoroughly disappointed I was with your services.

I arrived fifteen minuets after the allocated check in time of 3.30pm to discover my room key was not inside the safe. I then called the number on the office door where I was given no instruction as to what to do next. Fifteen minuets later your cleaner appeared, she asked who I was, then went back upstairs for a further 5 minuets before taking me into the office. Your cleaner explained she had not yet finished cleaning my room. I therefore reluctantly had to leave my luggage with her in order to get my jobs done in the city centre. After my long journey and tight time schedule this inconvenience was extremely frustrating.

When we finally came to entering the apartment at 5pm, a man followed us into the lift and muttered something about fixing our toilet. I asked if this had to be done now, as I believed this should have been sorted before my arrival. In the lift this man made a rude remark and was ill mannered. On entry of the flat, there was a strong smell of sewerage that did not improve throughout the whole of our stay. We had no privacy until the maintenance man left at 5.30pm. This made it impossible to shower, change and leave the apartment in the short time we had left before the event we had booked started.

I phoned on Saturday to find out what you could do for me following this unacceptable lack of organisation. During the phone call I explained the issues I had getting into the apartment and that the flat smelt of sewerage which was a health and safety issue. At this point, I may have accepted simply an apology and an extended check out time, in an attempt to save the disappointing start to our weekend away. As there was no solution to the problems following the phonecall, the best we could do was purchase some scented candles to temporarily mask the problem.

Due to the course of action I have now had to take to inform you of this, only adds to my frustration and I feel that I should be compensated financially after paying £95 to stay in a room that smelt of sewerage and wasn't available for the length of time that I payed for.

Directors response:

Dear Ms Wills,

I am Richard, Director of Pre-eminent Properties Ltd the company operating Cranbrook House Serviced Apartments.

I appreciate that you have clearly found the stay to not be satisfactory, the issues you have raised being: -

1) You arriving at 3.45 pm to find the key not in the safe
2) You calling the phone number and being told to wait.
3) The cleaner appearing 15 minutes later asking who you were and then going away
4) The cleaner re-appearing 5 minutes later to tell you that the apartment had not yet been finished.
5) The maintenance manager fixing the toilet flush after you had arrived.
6) Him taking 20-30 minutes to fix the toilet.
7) An apparent smell in the apartment of sewerage that scented candles had to be purchased for.

I have spoken to the staff involved and was actually in the apartment that afternoon myself.

Whilst we advise that the apartments should be available from 3.30 pm we can not guarantee availability unless contacted in advance. We do, though, allow people to use the apartments and store luggage if they so wish.

The toilet was requested to be fixed that afternoon as the previous guest had not reported it to be broken. Obviously we wanted to have the toilet working with immediate effect.

The smell in the apartment was not apparent when I inspected the flat. I can only suggest that the smell was coming from the outside as the issue with the toilet was just the flushing mechanism - this can not create smells as the pan had water in the bottom throughout the repair.

On this basis I do see what else we could have reasonably expected to do and so I don't not think a reimbursement or part reimbursement of your stay is justified.

I am sorry that Cranbrook House Serviced Apartments can not provide accommodation to your expectations and hope that you find a more suitable provider on you next stay in Nottingham.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharlotteWills
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have just returned from a 2 night stay in these apartments. We had a 12th floor apartment with the most amazing view over the city. The whole place was beautifully clean, comfy beds and most facilities that you would need. I would suggest they put oven gloves in the kitchen tho!!
The self check in procedure is a bit complicated and car park entrance easy to miss but my son and I really enjoyed our stay especially as we didn't need the car all weekend. Huge shopping mall 5 min walk away.
My only complaint would be that the lifts were not kept clean and there was quite bit of litter in them. Of course people could always bin their own rubbish!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for the view. Apart from constant police/ambulance sirens there was no noise fr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I'm surprised at some of the reviews for Cranbrook served apartments. I have stay in 3 of their apartments, including the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom family apartment and have been very happy with my stays overall. Yes the check in procedure is unmanned (or womanned if there was such a word!) and that does rely on a little trust in fellow guests not taking your keys away from the safe from which they are picked up, but I liked this. I wasn't having to deal with a front desk and paperwork, I just requested my invoices after the stay and the admin team forwarded them with no hassle.
The location is a 15 minute walk down to Nottingham station which suits the business traveller commuting to local area's and is minutes walk from the city centre.
If I was to be super critical, on one occassion, pizza was left in the oven from the previous guests, but that was one small issue over 3 stays.
All the usual facilities are provided, including iron, full kitchen utilities and an internet connection that actually worked very well (unlike most hotel wireless networks which have a habit of dropping out the more guests are staying).
For the price, compare these apartments to hotel room equivalents. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: As an alternative to hotels and at cheaper rates than premier apartments, this is a great choice if...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HebberZepherin
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The location was perfect, set right in the centre of notts. it's classy and contempory, with a high end feel about the place. There are some complex checking procedures and its disappointing parking is not included but the staff we encountered where friendly, and the place was well equipped. However when we were leaving in the morning my partner checked under the bed n wardrobe to endure we had all our belongings and he discovered a tube of durex play from the previous guests! So clearly it wasn't well cleaned. If I was being picking I would also have to say that part of the wall paper in the bedroom was peeling off and the oven marking have worn off making it difficult to cook in the oven but we didnt let this effect our stay and would return to cranbrook again!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Derby_dollie
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed at Cranbrook House with my husband and parents in a two bedroomed apartment just before Christmas. I must admit after reading previous reviews I was a bit worried however our stay was lovely. The apartment we got was a nice size with everything we needed. It was clean and warm and only a short walk from the city centre. Shada who took my initial reservation as well as phone calls before, during and after my stay was an absolute star! Fantastic customer service. Excellent value for money. Would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SLJ_13
Reviewed February 10, 2013

What a dump. However this apartment block stays in existence I do not know. To understand checking in you needed to be a college professor with various codes and instructions. If you can get past this stage then you will struggle to understand the poorly english spoken staff. The apartment was cold and smelt of damp, there was even the remains of uneaten food between the bed and the wallside cabinet. Fridge had not been cleaned and the noise from adjacent apartments was at times intollerable. Glad I was only there for a short stay. Will certainly not re-visit even if it was free.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business