“Not blown away with food”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #703 of 1,412 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Not blown away with food”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our first time at Nandos and would possibly go again. Not fantastic but not awful.

We were shown to a table straight away. We had to go back and ask for crayons to entertain the children as they aren't given as standard.

I was surprised that you had to go up and order and pay. I thought it would be waiter service for the prices. It was also strange how you had to get your own plates, cutlery, sauces drinks etc in a restaurant. Very difficult when you have two young children wanting to follow everywhere.

The platter we ordered came really quickly. The whole chicken is a small one and my husband could have eaten more. However, we had to take the children to the toilet and when we came out our table had been totally cleaned and cleared and they were showing other people to the seats.

We were only gone a few minutes but they'd obviously decided we didn't want to have desserts and finish our drinks!

I wouldnt go out of my way to try nandos again. It's a very noisy and busy place where you are not made to feel welcome.

• Visited August 2013

Ilkeston, United Kingdom
“Expected better”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This is our first visit to nandos and to to honest it will be our last.
The staff are friendly and helpful
Drinks (wine) expensive
I ordered the half chicken , salad and chips and it was served to us about 10 minutes later..it looked ok, the chicken must of been on a diet because it was quite small , I tried my chips and they weren't even loop warm, they were cold (I didnt complain because they shouldn't of been served this way in the first place) I'd already made my mind up I will not be returning
My partner had the chicken wrap and said it was ok
Total bill was £30 for chicken and chip, chicken wrap and 2 wines..a bit overpriced and the music was abit over powering, you had to talk very loud over it

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mark180tx
“Greasy chips & chicken burgers”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We ate here as a family of four on a Friday Evening just before the rush. We got off to a fairly bad start when they guy in the door wouldn't admit the fourth member of our party ,who had parked the car whilst we got a table, unless she could point out who she was with. Odd. The chicken burgers were ok although the chips were so greasy none if us finished them and we didn't really feel full afterwards. I guess you get what you pay for and at £42 for all of us including soft drinks and some hummus as a starter it's not expensive, not sure if equates to value though.

• Visited June 2013
Buchanan Ga
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Food was great and plenty of choices. Choose your own spices.
One of the few places in UK we have visited where you get a bottom glass for your coke.
Friendly waiter service and great atmosphere.
We will go again if we get the chance.
Also, they have an allergy menu to help those with allergies in their choice off the menu.

Visited June 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were a party of seven 3 children and four adults. We were greeted with a smile which is always good and a table was available immediately. We chose our meals and the waiter having explained the system to us and the hotness of each sauce.
The food and drinks were ready quite quickly and it was of good quality. The children had frozen yogurt included in their meal and the waiter took the children to the machine and showed them how to fill their bowls, Nothing was too much trouble for the young man that served us. A very pleasant early evening meal.

• Visited May 2013