“I recommend the Chhoyla”

Everest Bhansaghar Gurkha Restaurant
Ranked #318 of 1,275 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Any starter with a double H in it has to be worth ago, and on that basis, I went for the Chhoyla. It's a very flavoursome lamb or chicken dish that you at first think should be served hot - but it's not... and then you realise it tastes great served cold. Starters were great, mains were very good, service was a bit on the slow side, all was reasonably priced.

2  Thank zim999

Reviewed April 28, 2013

it was my first visit to everest and everything about it was lovely, the staff provided an excellent service, very friendly and polite, the food was excellent, cooked just perfect, very, very nice meal, the place had a great atmospere, well worth a visit, highly recomended, i will definitely be visiting again!!!

3  Thank Joaniemcmain
Reviewed April 28, 2013

it was my first time eating at everest and everything about it was lovely, the staff provided an excellent service, very friendly and polite, the food was also excellent, cooked just perfect, very, very nice meal, there was a great atmosphere, well worth a visit, highly recommended, i will definitely be visiting again!!!!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife, baby son and I went to this restaurant using our groupon voucher only cost us £17 for the 2 of us and we were surprised that we could have anything we wanted of the menu which includes a starter, main meal and a side dish. The staff at the everest are very friendly and welcoming, usually you dont always get the best service or any choice of the menu when using a groupon voucher but here was definatley not the case. Food was extremely tasty and we will definatley be going back as normal costumers, paying full price. Glad I had the opportunity via groupon to visit this fabulous restaurant.

3  Thank Nathan C
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have just arrived home from The Everest and it was so good that I felt compelled to write an immediate review of the restaurant. The food was fantastic and the service was just as good and the staff very friendly. Although the restaurant does Nepalese and Indian cuisine, I decided to stick to the Nepalese having never had the cuisine before. Well, if this meal was a barometer, it is far better than any Indian meal I have ever had. Even the Papadum and Chutney, Onion and mint sauce was different and tastier to what I have experienced in the past. Brilliant. As a starter I had the Chhoyla which was lamb "marinated with Nepalese spices , baked in a clay oven, infused with garlic and ginger". Absolutely delightful. The lamb was so tender and tasty. The Mrs had The Gurkhali Soup which was a :"Nepalese Spice soup with lamb dumpling". I had a taste and can state it was superb! For the main course I had the Palungo Chicken which was "boneless chicken with spinach, spring onions and Nepalese Sauce". My wife had the Khasi Ko Masu which is "lamb cooked in chef's traditional Nepalese spices with fresh vegetables ". Both were brilliant. The staff were very friendly, always having a smile on their faces and were happy to engage in conversation. Altogether a fantastic meal and it wont be to long before I return!

5  Thank bucko1989