“beetroot chutney rules!”

Ranked #23 of 53 Coffee & Tea in Nottingham
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Divine Coffee House is an independent cafe serving the best coffee in Nottingham, great food, great atmosphere, home made treats and hot chocolates that are the talk of the town. We are simply... Divine
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“beetroot chutney rules!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

nice quiet coffee and cheese scone and beetroot chutney. sitting on cosy settee. the server was suffering coping by himself, but i wasn't in a hurry

• Visited February 2014

Adelaide, Australia
“Last minute coffee”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Fantastic Coffee. Would have loved to have another few smaller ones, but settled for a large T/A as they were closing. Well worth forgetting the chains and going for a very short walk - its worth it.
The hours online are wrong. They close at 5pm saturday, not 6pm. And they are closed on sundays.

• Visited April 2013
Ashe W, Owner at Divine Coffee House, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Great to know the coffee was excellent as we think it is but we would ;) always nice when people give us a try instead of the big chain stores.

We are usually open until 6pm and open on Sundays and will be returning to our usual hours soon. Recent staffing issues mean the manager has been working open til close every day sometimes on his own so he's slicing a day off at the moment to stay sane.

We hope to see you again soon and you can try some of the other coffees :)
Lostwithiel, United Kingdom
“Nice independent coffee shop, worth straying from the beaten track for.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Decided to eschew the high street coffee chain places and headed to this great cafe which is, just by Nottingham Contemporary. We were not disappointed. Great coffee and my husband particularly enjoyed the orange hot chocolate. The place was fairly quiet but then we visited fairly early in the day. It's slightly off the beaten track but is well worth it.

• Visited April 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous place”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had the best coffee I have had in Nottingham here. The service was very much with a smile, and the staff were happy to help me choose from the delicious cakes on offer. I love that there is home made tiffin and other gorgeous looking things to eat, but on my most recent visit, decided on a spiced tea cake. And it was lovely. I've also had a gorgeous tuna melt panini here before, and found the food to be better than anything I have ever had in large chain stores like Costa.

Its a lovely spacious place, which is tastefully decorated and has all important wifi!

I recommend this to anyone meeting a friend for a coffee or lunch, taking their family out for a treat, or even attending one of the fantastic events they put on. I'll be showing up for the electro tea party and craft fair.

• Visited February 2013
“Try the hot chocolate!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I went early Saturday afternoon to meet a friend, it was nicely busy but we still got a table. I've had a takeout drink from here before but this was the first time I've sat in. I had a chocolate orange flavoured hot chocolate with soya milk and it was by far one of the nicest I've had! I well & truly broke the diet with the caramel mudcake as well and that too was lovely.
I intend to go back and work my way through the hot chocolate list.