“wonderful”

National Justice Museum
Ranked #2 of 24 Tours in Nottingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Based in Nottingham’s historic Lace Market, the National Justice Museum is housed in Nottinghamshire’s Grade 2 listed old Shire Hall and County Gaol. The Museum uses original Courtrooms, dungeons and prison cells, along with a number of more contemporary galleries to exhibit collections relating to justice, the law, crime and punishment in a fun and interactive way. When visiting the museum you may also meet a variety of colourful historical characters with different stories of justice to tell.
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I visited this attraction last summer with my friends. The tour was interactive, and the guides were very informative,
I learned much and had fun, A wonder visit.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The actors were amazing, and really brought the past to life. The tour is atmospheric and a good learning experience. Lots of stairs, but access is not hard.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was persuaded to visit, I am so glad I did, best museum I have ever been to. Absolutely fascinating, excellent guides acting as warders, almost scary, they were so good. We were there for two and a half hours, so allow plenty of time. Good cafe there as well. Brilliant, will go again.

1  Thank Anne E
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I found it kinda spooky but I really enjoyed it! really factual and interesting could go back again!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Well organised tour and it was very interesting to get an insight into "Nottingham of old"

Great for young and old