All reviews garden room park bar city centre mini bar car park white company small hotel restaurant next door fresh milk quiet area nottingham castle lovely hotel one night stay wedding reception tea and coffee enjoyable stay hotel is situated
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The title pretty much says it all! The hotel is in a very good location right in the city centre and walking distance to everywhere. Bar area is very nice (better than most hotels in my opinion). Rooms were smart and modern and in good condition but surprisingly lacked air-con and (even though they supplied a fan) it was hard to sleep due to the hot weather.

Room tip: Ask if they have any with Air-Con if you're there in summer.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Builders in at home and I needed to escape after a stressful day...I picked the perfect place. Room was lovely. A hot evening and I relaxed in the garden and bar. Staff always lovely and welcoming. I work next door, so couldn’t have been better. Will definitely be back!

Trip type: Traveled solo
HartsNottingham, Manager at Hart's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Home from home! We hope all have gone well with the builders?!

Reviewed June 24, 2018

We booked a superior room and were expecting a king size bed, as that's what's described on the website room details. However, the bed was really small, and looked like a double, not a king. I mentioned this to the lady as we were checking out, and she insisted that there are no double beds in the hotel, only king beds and super kings. I said it seemed really small for a king, but she didn't apologise or offer any resolution, just insisted again I must be wrong. The room was also really small. I was glad it was only a one night stay.
The positives were that the restaurant was nice and they did give me extra pillows.
I wouldn't stay here again though because I think describing the bed as king size is pretty misleading! It's one of the main reasons we booked. The toiletries weren't from the White Company either (something they mention in the room details on the website.) It would have been nice to have been given either a body lotion or a hand cream in addition to the basics.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HartsNottingham, Manager at Hart's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

We are sorry to read you are disappointed but our reception staff were correct - all our beds in the hotel are standard sized king or super king, we do not have any double beds. So it is a shame you won't consider staying with us again, especially as you enjoyed your visit to the restaurant. The products in the rooms are lovely L'Occitane products and if you required additional items you just needed to ask reception who would have been happy to provide. Thank you for highlighting the issue with the White Company Products on the booking site - we are in the process of correcting this.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Our room at Harts was pretty small, which was fine as we were only there one night. The hotel is set back from the roads and is very quiet, and we have lovely views from our room. Breakfast was good - as first site it looked a bit limited in choices but everything was top quality and very tasty.

That's great!

Reviewed June 15, 2018

We booked this hotel as we were attending a wedding where the reception was close to the castle so not too far to travel.
The hotel was clean and the rooms were clean but the room was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in during 30 years of travel, very compact, very small.

The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable but again very limited space.

If you are using sat nav to find this hotel, there is a 95% chance that your sat nav will get you close to it but not close enough to find its exact location (good luck).

Now that we have walked around the area and checked out the location there is a good chance we would not stay in Hart's again due to size of rooms,
p.s. the lift is also tiny.

Room tip: If you want a good room book the St. James Hotel 2 minutes walk away
Date of stay: May 2018