All reviews garden room park bar city centre mini bar car park white company small hotel restaurant next door fresh milk quiet area nottingham castle lovely hotel one night stay wedding reception tea and coffee enjoyable stay hotel is situated
Reviewed March 27, 2018

Hart's is a good hotel for a stay in the city. The staff are very helpful, the restaurant and Park bar are very good and the location is central but quiet with great views over the Park residential area. The rooms however could do with a makeover.The overwhelming wood furniture and carpets need updating to reflect the nightly rate.
A more imaginative breakfast menu would be an improvement too. Otherwise a good
place to stay.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Sagittarius_7
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Great comfortable stay here in a garden room. Definitely worth paying the extra, the view was amazing and it was very quiet.
Would highly recommend and we will certainly stay here again when looking to stay overnight in Nottingham.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HartsNottingham, Manager at Hart's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Very encouraging thank you!

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

To the Harts Nottingham team, you have no idea what a big smile is sending you this thank you message. From the lovely touch of a congratulations card in our room, to the superb meal in your restaurant, the hotel made our wedding anniversary truly memorable. The convenience of onsite car parking and the hotels proximity to key tourist attractions, meant everything was easily accessible on foot. Thank you

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Delighted you enjoyed your anniversary with us.

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

We arrived to find out we had double room booked rather than a twin. The reception didn’t have a spare room to swap us so kindly moved the room around and installed a small single bed while we were out for dinner. No fuss on their part and they could not have been more helpful given it was not their fault.

Very pleasant and professional. Would highly recommend

Trip type: Traveled on business

Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed February 28, 2018

I was not going to post a bad review as my last stay at this hotel was amazing and I booked 2 rooms for my husband and my children - we attended a family party and it was a great experience ..... however, the way I was dealt with today was not acceptable and left me feeling pretty worried about the state of mankind in general .... Please read on …….

I was excited about traveling to Notts to see my son at Uni (who I have not seen for ages) and one of my best friends who has a birthday today - double reason for celebration! I was looking forward to staying at the hotel again and taking my son out to the Marco Pierre White Steak House in town. I was praying the snow would abate for my long journey up to Notts. Alas, it has been showing here most of the day, the Police were telling us that it was not safe to travel and I really did not feel comfortable as I had to be back in London for Thursday, and with the deterioration expected on Thursday, it was just not going to happen. I called the hotel as I noted their cancellation policy said do it before 2 pm the day before, however, due to my mitigating circumstances, I thought they may compromise. I spoke to the lovely ladies on reception and they reiterated the policy but gave great empathy to my situation and said they would get the Manager to email me

I also contacted the Marco Pierre White restaurant who accepted my change in circumstances, did not charge me and sent this sweet note 'Thank you for taking the time to advise us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill Nottingham in the future'

As you can imagine, after the lovely note from the restaurant, I was not ready for the rather curt note I received from Mr Adam Worthington from the Harts Hotel, who was keen to 'draw my attention to clause one in the attached, outlining our rooms cancellation policy'. Such a shame he did not feel the need to speak to me as another human being, or do me the courtesy of actually listening to my request when I called up.

How different my approach would have been if I had received a cheery note, a 'stuff happens all the time, but we at the Harts Hotel value people ... and as such ...' To be honest, I was not expecting a full refund, however, they could have said, ‘as you come to Notts quite a bit, we will give you X discount if you book within 6 weeks’, or ‘here is a free breakfast next time you stay’, or ‘a couple of cocktails for your boy and his girl as a special treat’ ..... but no such olive branch was even thought about - Mr Worthington was busy cutting his nose off and much too blinkered to see the bigger picture.

Shame - I am now looking for an alternative venue in Notts in the next few weeks and I will definitely be back to the Marco Pierre White restaurant, now all I need is a fantastic luxury hotel in the city with a heart and a real sense of 'doing the right thing' by it’s customers

Shout out to the girls who spoke to me this morning at Harts ... you got it right first time!

HELP - any of the good people of Nottingham have a recommendation?

Date of stay: February 2018