“Superb City Boutique Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hart's Hotel

Hart's Hotel
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Superb City Boutique Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

My partner and I are regular users of hotels in one place or another, and this is definitely up there with the good ones!

From the moment we arrived, one of the staff came out to direct us in to a parking spot and ensure we knew where to go etc. Check in was friendly and efficient and our room was well presented and contemporary. All the facilities we needed for our stay were available in the well maintained and comfortable room. Rooms are not huge but are perfectly adequate for any traveller, and the adjoining bathroom was very smart and clean too.

The hotel is in a great location, just on the edge of Nottingham city centre (5 minute walK). Our room offered great view across the city from the elevated position and all the general surroundings are pleasant.

We stopped with friends and ate in the first class Hart's restaurant next door. This is also where breakfast was served - which was also really good quality. Throughout the stay, all the staff at the hotel were polite and professional in all aspects that just enhanced what a great experience it was. The hotel has its own bar (that also serves food) where you can enjoy a great range of drinks, wines and cocktails.

I can't fault this place and would recommend it to anyone looking for a city centre venue in the great city of Nottingham.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay so much - we pride ourselves on offering consistently good service and food. I will pass on your kind comments to my Hotel & Restaurant General Managers. Tim Hart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I got a deal on the premium room which would normally have been £145.00. I was looking forward to my stay as I have dined at Harts before and found the quality in the restaurant fabulous so I was expecting luxury from the hotel. First impressions - reception was welcoming and cosy with a very friendly receptionist. Though I was 10 minutes early for the 3pm check-in (I think this is too late) she said my room was ready and handed me my key. As I walked to my room another member of staff (housekeeping) wished me a pleasant stay. My first thought was how tiny the room was and to wonder what size the standard rooms are if this was next stage up? I can only assume one pays for the views which, I imagine are splendid in better light and weather. The bathroom was very cramped and the bath was smaller than I expected. I went to the bar and ordered a cocktail which the bar staff said they would bring to me in my room. I was a little disappointed as I am a margarita connoisseur and this one was pretty lacklustre. After a night on in Nottingham we returned and had some drinks in the bar which has a fun and welcoming atmosphere. We didn't have breakfast so I cannot comment on that. I slept well. I thought a cafetiere was a nice touch and fresh milk was also appreciated. All in all- perfectly pleasant but not the luxury I would expect for the price paid.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
We pride ourselves on offering our guests the best possible quality and service and I'm sorry to hear you you were disappointed with your accommodation during your recent stay with us. We do take all feedback on board and any workable suggestions for improvement are discussed further at our regular meetings. My Bar Manager is working on his margarita and hopefully it will meet your expectations next time. Tim Hart
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Having stayed at numerous hotels over the years, I can honestly say that this the best hotel from the moment of booking, welcome, stay and departure that I have ever stayed in. It was like staying in your own home.

The customer service was of such a high standard, nothing was too much trouble. Every member of staff from Housekeeping/Maintenance to the General Manager were polite, professional, helpful, friendly and courteous at all times.

The hotel food represents excellent value for money as the service and ingredients were of the highest quality. The hotel was immaculately clean, the bedrooms were so comfortable, there was a comprehensive welcome pack explaining all facilities available including the General Manager's contact details to how to get Sky Sports. The bedding was of exceptional high quality and a huge bath and the best shower going.

It is rare to stay in a hotel in a city centre where it is so quiet. I would recommend Hart's to everyone, as any hotel who are prepared to go that extra mile and who actually do value your custom deserves to have my business.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hart's so much and that you found the hotel and my staff so welcoming. I will pass on your comments to my General Manager, Adam - it is always nice to hear that you have got something right. Tim Hart
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

The best hotel in Nottingham, by miles. A perfect location, with easy parking, best of all, a superb restaurant offering fine dining at very affordable prices. The staff were, without exception, courteous, friendly, responsive and helpful. I was, however, dissuaded from leaving a tip by a fellow guest who told me that the management does not allow the staff to keep tips, or even share them. Shame.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I have talked to Adam Worthington our Hotel GM about the tip situation - he assures me that any tips left are divided amongst the appropriate staff. I hope to welcome you back to Hart's again soon. Tim Hart
Nuneaton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We had a 2 night stay and really enjoyed our stay. We had no trouble parking and found the location to be lovely, just far enough away yet nice and close, it's a little awkward to locate at first though. Rooms were clean although there was only ever 1 teabag on the drinks tray. Staff were happy to supply us with extra on request though. Would consider visiting again :)

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Louth, Lincolnshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed for one night and enjoyed the splendid view from the bedroom window. All the staff are friendly and solicitous. This us our second stay at Harts and the 3rd time we gave eaten there. I think the hotel is looking a little tired and although the bed linen us if a high quality once again starting to look a little frayed around the edges. Food in the restaurant was very good and the wine not over priced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the city
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ClareofTralee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time staying at The Harts hotel. The staff were all very pleasant. But from arrival found myself questioning everything about it. We booked a superior room. When we got to the room I thought we had been put into the wrong room type as there was nothing particularly superior about it at all. It was tiny and did not justify spending £145 a night. The room guide publicised parking available at the hotel at two different prices £8.50 and £9.50. It mentions parking as if to suggest there is no issue at all with the size of the tiny car park and offers no alternative parking suggestions. Breakfast was appalling. No organisation and presented in a crowed little bar area. Some people were having to eat a cooked breakfast from a sofa! I asked one of the staff if this was the norm as assumed it might be like this because it was between Christmas and New Year and maybe just because there was only a skeleton staff working. No he replied breakfast is usually served here and sometimes in the bigger restaurant when we are busier! Tables were left dirty and the staff seemed to have no form of organised service at all. Completely chaotic! The shocking bit was if you wanted a cooked breakfast as well as cold breakfast it was £14! For that quality and level of service! Shockingly over priced. Those who know quality and great service when they see it will pay for it because it's seamless. This hotel overcharges and under delivers on both. Will not be staying at this hotel again and will most definitely not be recommending it.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BuntyBlue
We pride ourselves on offering our guests the best possible quality and service and I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with your accommodation during your recent stay with us. We do take all feedback on board and any workable suggestions for improvement are discussed further at our regular meetings. I will make sure your comments are passed on for inclusion. Tim Hart