“Excellent service”
Review of Hart's Hotel

Hart's Hotel
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed here the last week of November and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is close to everything and all the staff were very helpful, and friendly. The room was not large but certainly big enough for me, the work station was well laid out. Irons and boards are available if you call the front desk.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rlbarton
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review -As you say - despite our secluded and quiet position we are just a few minutes walk away from the City Centre. I hope that we can welcome you back again soon. Tim Hart

Reviewed December 5, 2013

First time staying at Harts hotel and although nothing actually wrong with the hotel it looks lovely and staff were all very pleasant, the superior room we booked was tiny and could not see anything superior about the room or anything special to justify spending £145 a night, there wasn't even an iron in the room (probably due to the lack of space), had an ok time but was expecting something much better and was left very disappointing. wont be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and service, these are some of a number of things which we strive for excellence in. I am sorry you were left disappointed with your stay overall. Our superior rooms command stunning views over the city, and this hilltop setting and calm garden are unique in Nottingham. Tim Hart

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Amy on reception, Alex and co in the bar and the charming bow-tied Mr Tim Hart helped make my stay at Harts exceptional in every way. When working away from home it is important that I am looked after and I was. The room was comfortable with a desk, wonderful view, superb bathroom and the maids were cheerful and helpful. The food was excellent and I even managed to get to the wine-tasting event before I left. I wrote my Christmas cards in reception by the fire in the evenings. Thank you to you all and I will stay again if I am posted to Nottingham in the future.

Room Tip: A view of the city… it's panoramic.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Hart's and am delighted that you joined me for our regular wine tasting and supper. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Tim Hart

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I haven't been to Nottingham for quite some time and there are lovely views from the hotel as it's sited high on a hill. The hotel is clean and modern with pleasant staff and good service. My room wasn't large but it had everything I needed. Breakfast was tasty but at £14.00 I feel it should have been included in the hotel tariff as it is not cheap at £145.00 a night. Parking was expensive as well but I guess that is the what you pay for parking in a city. I ate in the restaurant and I can recommend it.
I do think I am paying London prices for a reasonable, but not great, hotel and I am not sure I would stay again. I would eat in the restaurant again though

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch - perfect presentation - delicious and fresh ingredients and the flavour of each dish was beyond expectations ! Highly recommended !!!!
The restaurant is modern, comfortable and the service is efficient and none intrusive !

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2013

It was so nice to stay in Hart's Hotel. I stayed here on business ofor one night in april 2013. The room was very modern and clean. Great location and friendly staff. Excellent restaurant! The food and service-very good!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review and favourable comments regarding the hotel and restaurant. I look forward to seeing you at Hart's again soon. tim Hart

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed for one night on a Friday in November. The hotel is located at the top of a hill, 10 minutes from Nottingham city centre. Browns Bar & Brasserie is only a short distance away though. The staff at Harts were friendly and welcoming and we were able to check in early at 12 noon. As we had arrived early there were ample parking places in their car park. (£9.50 to park there.) Due to the location of the hotel it was quiet and peaceful with no noise from late night revellers, sirens etc. We had upgraded to a superior double room and had lovely views across Nottingham. The room was a bit small though and the bathroom compact. We were tripping over our suitcase a bit. This aside, the bed was really comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. There was a Bose wave radio beside the bed which was nice. We were impressed that there was fresh milk in the mini bar to have with the tea and coffee rather than the longlife milk cartons you normally get and also a cafetiere for the coffee. We would not pay £14 for a full English breakfast or £9 for a Continental breakfast as we feel this is too expensive. However, overall what we experienced was a truly relaxing night away and £145 for this room, although a bit pricey, was worth it and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room overlooking the city. We stayed in room 11.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review -I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will pass your comments on to my General Manager Adam Worthington. Tim Hart